REPORT PROBLEMS HERE

Started by Forum Admin, 01-07-08 at 07:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackoose

Admins,

Whenever I send a PM to someone, it says "message sent successfully"  but when I check in my "sent" folder (even days after) my sent message is not appearing, nor does it appear in the string with the orignal message the other person sent me.

What is the problem?  I am not sure if my messages are truly sending and cannot review them.  Thanks

Robert K S

Quote from: Jackoose on 01-28-17 at 12:15 AM
Admins,

Whenever I send a PM to someone, it says "message sent successfully"  but when I check in my "sent" folder (even days after) my sent message is not appearing, nor does it appear in the string with the orignal message the other person sent me.

What is the problem?  I am not sure if my messages are truly sending and cannot review them.  Thanks

Your sent PMs disappear forever unless you check the "Save a copy in my outbox" at the bottom of the message form before you click Send.  I don't know why this isn't just checked by default.
This post is made in the context of professional discussion of general patent law issues and nothing contained herein may be construed as legal advice.

Tobmapsatonmi

Quote from: Robert K S on 01-28-17 at 01:13 AM

Your sent PMs disappear forever unless you check the "Save a copy in my outbox" at the bottom of the message form before you click Send.  I don't know why this isn't just checked by default.

Mine is clicked on by default.  I think this was something I did when doing my original profile preference settings.  Take a peek at the things you can customize in the profile modification area.
Any/all disclaimers you see on this forum used by members more experienced and/or smarter than I, are hereby incorporated by reference as if fully set forth herein.

I'm doing well as of 08-09-18 @ 18:38 hours, and regret only not getting that 1000th post. Hope all are doing well indeed! Thanks!

flashbazbo

Hi guys. I'm new here.

I have been trying to search the word "song" and it just whites out. I get a blank screen with your logo on top. I think I've given it a fair amount of time.

Tobmapsatonmi

Quote from: flashbazbo on 07-04-17 at 03:29 AM
Hi guys. I'm new here.

I have been trying to search the word "song" and it just whites out. I get a blank screen with your logo on top. I think I've given it a fair amount of time.

Search feature is gorked.  Instead, search on google as:

site:www.intelproplaw.com "words of interest you want to search"

(search terms quoted or unquoted as needed)
Any/all disclaimers you see on this forum used by members more experienced and/or smarter than I, are hereby incorporated by reference as if fully set forth herein.

I'm doing well as of 08-09-18 @ 18:38 hours, and regret only not getting that 1000th post. Hope all are doing well indeed! Thanks!

Euro-Pat-Att

Hello all,

I wanted to add my company URL to my profile, but could't. I got an error that I needed to be approved first.

I understand the reasons behind this (fighting spam), but still, I am a genuine person trying to genuinely contribute (although being a European patent attorney, there are only a few discussions I can really contribute to).

What do I have to do to get 'approved'? What's the procedure? I asked forumadmin this question via a messgae circa 2 weeks ago, but no reply.
Patenthuis European Patent Attorneys for all your European patent requirements. Opposition cases particularly welcome.

Tobmapsatonmi

Quote from: Euro-Pat-Att on 02-06-18 at 02:50 PM
Hello all,

I wanted to add my company URL to my profile, but could't. I got an error that I needed to be approved first.

I understand the reasons behind this (fighting spam), but still, I am a genuine person trying to genuinely contribute (although being a European patent attorney, there are only a few discussions I can really contribute to).

What do I have to do to get 'approved'? What's the procedure? I asked forumadmin this question via a messgae circa 2 weeks ago, but no reply.

I don't think the admin pays much attention to the website anymore. 

I believe ability to provide links (anywhere - to the text of a post or to your profile or your message footer) is based on post count and should be available after 20 posts.

Meanwhile, I guess you could always do a work around like www_EuroPatenTastic_com or if that doesn't work break it up further as in
EuroPatenTastic
com

Euro-Pat-Att

Thanks for your info. It would be nice though if there would be a FAQ or userguide explaining this.
Patenthuis European Patent Attorneys for all your European patent requirements. Opposition cases particularly welcome.

Tobmapsatonmi

Quote from: Euro-Pat-Att on 02-07-18 at 01:12 AM
Thanks for your info. It would be nice though if there would be a FAQ or userguide explaining this.

Welcome.  When I registered for the account it was explained.  But that was several years ago, which is why I'm not positive that 20 is the right number.  I think it is 20, though.  Either it no longer says that when one registers or (given your own registration was back in May and you're not here often) maybe you just forgot about it.

Ex Officio

AFAIK, I don't have control over that restriction.  It's just a matter of posting enough times while not posting ban-worthy garbage to the board.

Euro-Pat-Att

Quote from: Tobmapsatonmi on 02-07-18 at 01:51 AM

Welcome.  When I registered for the account it was explained.  But that was several years ago, which is why I'm not positive that 20 is the right number.  I think it is 20, though.  Either it no longer says that when one registers or (given your own registration was back in May and you're not here often) maybe you just forgot about it.

Indeed. I don't remember. It may well have been explained when I registered, but I remember skipping over a lot, sure in the knowledge that I'd be able to find it again somewhere on the forum if and when I needed it.

NoMotivation

Are any preexisting users experiencing a problem of receiving an error message indicating a two-year ban?
I'm not your lawyer and I'm not giving you legal advice.  Consult a registered practitioner.

Iscrewedup

Hi all,

This is your not-very-esteemed-at-the-moment moderator, posting under a temporary account because I managed to lock myself out completely.

A little over three months ago, because of a burst of spammers coming from just-registered Gmail accounts, I blocked NEW REGISTRATIONS that attempted to use Gmail as their address.  I set it for a three-month expiration because I wanted to see how well it worked.  It reduced the number of spammer registrations by easily half, probably much more.

So when this three-month trial ended a few days ago and we suddenly had three new spammers in three days, I said, "well, that proved really effective, and we're still getting registrations from legitimate people, who will just try again with a real email address, so let's extend that."

In my brilliance, I banned ALL ACTIVITY from Gmail-registered accounts instead of remembering to click the 'new registrations only" box.  Thus banning myself (because guess what email system I used?) and pretty much half the board.

I tried to register to post this yesterday, but all new registrations were being blocked.  That got fixed today, so, I'll try contacting the site owner again so he can set up another moderator account for me, so that I can go through and fix the rest of my mess. :(

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Ex Officio

It looks like existing accounts can log in again.  If anyone is still having trouble, please create a new account and let me know in this thread.

Again, my apologies for the mess.

NoMotivation

SMF 2.1.4 forum upgrade notes:

It's a little tricky to get to certain forums, such as the Patent Forums or Patent Jobs, through the user interface because the "Search" and "Members" buttons (and really that whole row of the interface) are over, not under, the hover drop-down of the Patent category (and other category hover drop-downs) in the navigation bar at the top.

In the main list of forums, the Other category is rendered as Other">Other.
I'm not your lawyer and I'm not giving you legal advice.  Consult a registered practitioner.

www.intelproplaw.com

Terms of Use
Feel free to contact us:
Sorry, spam is killing us.

iKnight Technologies Inc.

www.intelproplaw.com