Copyright violation?Can I suit?

Started by bibi2004, 01-16-04 at 09:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bibi2004

I'm a graphic designer who has a problem with a unpaid graphic design order by a client. After 3 month this decide don't going to paid. Can I file suit? no matter if he claim he don't going to used?, I spend 8 hours of my time after he order the document.

As well I notice he been reproducing my designs on bizcards, websites and marketing material for his customers without noticed me, and making competition using my designs, getting profit just for his company.  
We had an agreement just for pricing and formalities how the work is going to be delivery, any agreement about he going to reproduce my designs in other materials.... It's abusive and I would like to know if I file suit this can paid my attorney fees?

M. Arthur Auslander

Dear bibi2004,
If your rights have been violated you can sue. It is wise to understand what you are doing before you get into trouble.

You may not like lawyers but you can't live with them nor without them. You may be able to register a copyright on what you have created and catch the copier as an infringer.

You should have a written agreement before you start.

M. Arthur Auslander
Auslander & Thomas-Intellectual Property Law
3008 Johnson Ave., New York, NY 10463
7185430266, aus@auslander.com
Reality Check® ELAINE's Workshop®

www.intelproplaw.com

Terms of Use
Feel free to contact us:
Sorry, spam is killing us.

iKnight Technologies Inc.

www.intelproplaw.com