Comments about PES Patent Bar Review?

Started by runran, 01-16-07 at 05:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

runran

Some people have asked for comments about the PES (Patent Education Series) patent bar review course on this forum before, but there hasn't been much feedback.

I was looking at info about the course on its website and I thought it looked decent, but I wanted to try this forum again to see if anyone has used this course or has heard any comments about it.

Thanks.

hnschmidt84

Hello.  Did you end up using the PES review or find out any other information about it?  I'm considering using it and am looking for some feedback.  Thanks!

heyitsjohn2002

One thing I've seen consistently mentioned in some other comparable threads is that, regardless of whatever patent bar review items you use, plan to invest 150 - 200 hours studying.  The amount of time studying and/or taking old practice exams is significantly more important (in my opinion) than what specific review references/courses are used.

There's a correllation as to how much you know about the MPEP going in as to the amount of time spent studying.  I didn't know the first thing about patents, so I was closer to the 200 number.  I also used PLI.

It is also the case that as a result of making the test "objective" (as compared to subjective), the questions seem much more about how good you are at taking tests, versus what your job will eventually be about/entail.

patentbro

Has anyone used Patent Education Series post-AIA?

Warren Barquist

www.intelproplaw.com

Terms of Use
Feel free to contact us:
Sorry, spam is killing us.

iKnight Technologies Inc.

www.intelproplaw.com