New Patent Bar Online Exam - Prometric

Started by John Watts, 07-27-04 at 07:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

liljaykt

Someone mentioned an "Australia" fact pattern on one of the forums; I don't know the specifics, only that a couple Australian citizens file an application at the USPTO.

I assume it is in English (since that is the primary language of Australia). Is the correct answer that the USPTO will forward this on to the IB because of the citizenship issue? Has anyone else seen this question?

Someone said this was similar to the "Mexican Nationals" question, but I haven't been able to find a clear answer to that one either.

post1

Does anyone know how long it will take the PTO to get back to you after you send in your application to take the exam for Category A? I read it's usually 2 weeks but have seen other posts saying it could be 4 or more? Thanks.

Sixes

Quote from: post1 on 05-30-10 at 12:30 AM
Does anyone know how long it will take the PTO to get back to you after you send in your application to take the exam for Category A? I read it's usually 2 weeks but have seen other posts saying it could be 4 or more? Thanks.

3-4 would be a reasonable expectation.
Formerly Telomere...before I got six'd.

L. Catalano

Quote from: TataBox on 06-25-06 at 02:38 AM
QuoteI took the exam this morning.  The prometric site was beautiful...all new equipment.  Their personnel get a solid "F" from me.  I finished the first half, signed out,  took a half-hour break, and returned to sign-in.  The proctor turned ghost white and said, "ummmm, I thought you were finished, so I closed out your exam."  When it is "closed out" that is it, it cannot be reopened.  Their solution was to allow me to start a new exam.  There were only 6 hours left until they closed, so I would have had to take parts 1 & 2 straight through.  I refused.  

To top it off, today is day 90 of my 90-day window.  To say I am livid is an understatement.  Right now I am waiting for a call from OED to tell me my options.  Nothing in the instructions said I had to inform the proctor that my exam had two parts.  I would have thought that the people administering the exam already knew that.  

I have never heard a story like that before, except stories of taking the california bar and having the room flood or the lights go out when you do not have a flash light.   Extremely sorry to hear that.   I guess you have to just hit it again.

Robindronath Tagore had said that you have try more and more till you are on the destination. So try hard..

MYK

Quote from: liljaykt on 05-10-10 at 11:33 PM
I assume it is in English (since that is the primary language of Australia)
You've got to be joking.  Have you ever heard an Australian?
"The life of a patent solicitor has always been a hard one."  Judge Giles Rich, Application of Ruschig, 379 F.2d 990.

Disclaimer: not only am I not a lawyer, I'm not your lawyer.  Therefore, this does not constitute legal advice.

Oh, Crud

Quote from: MYK on 06-24-13 at 09:39 AM
You've got to be joking.  Have you ever heard an Australian?

Oh, that's right - people in Australia speak Australian, just like people in Austria speak... Austrian.  (Someone in a position of high trust once said so, anyway.)  ;)
Disclaimer: Tiger Did Not Consume Plastic Wrap. This disclaimer does not cover accident, lightning, flood, tornado or angry wives.

I'm doing well as of 12-13-14, and regret only not getting that 1000th post. Hope all are doing well indeed! Thanks!

www.intelproplaw.com

Terms of Use
Feel free to contact us:
Sorry, spam is killing us.

iKnight Technologies Inc.

www.intelproplaw.com