Application Data Sheet - Small entity claimed checkbox question

Started by groston, 07-11-19 at 08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

groston

If an applicant is claiming micro entity status, should the Small Entity Status Claimed checkbox on the ADS be checked or not?

MYK

IIRC, there's a micro-entity status checkbox on the form now, also.  That micro-entity box should be checked, and NOT the small-entity one.

I don't have a copy in front of me, though, and the stupid ADS form is done in dynamic PDF so I can't open it to check (I don't have any compatible PDF software available).
"The life of a patent solicitor has always been a hard one."  Judge Giles Rich, Application of Ruschig, 379 F.2d 990.

Disclaimer: not only am I not a lawyer, I'm not your lawyer.  Therefore, this does not constitute legal advice.

smgsmc

Quote from: MYK on 07-12-19 at 09:44 AM
IIRC, there's a micro-entity status checkbox on the form now, also.  That micro-entity box should be checked, and NOT the small-entity one.

I don't have a copy in front of me, though, and the stupid ADS form is done in dynamic PDF so I can't open it to check (I don't have any compatible PDF software available).
I'm looking at the form I just downloaded now.  It only has a single checkbox, "Small Entity Status Claimed".

Spider

FWIW, I always check the small entity box on the ADS and file the micro-entity certification form. Not sure if that is necessary, but it works.

groston

All - Thanks for the replies

MYK - I agree with smgsmc - I have the ADS that is approved for use through 11/30/2020 open and the word 'micro' does not appear anyplace within the document.

Spider - I will do as you suggest, thank you.

www.intelproplaw.com

Terms of Use
Feel free to contact us:
Sorry, spam is killing us.

iKnight Technologies Inc.

www.intelproplaw.com