Intellectual Property Forum The Intellectual Property Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We are looking for moderators.  Message the admin if interested.

Author Topic: Application Data Sheet - Small entity claimed checkbox question  (Read 117 times)

groston

• View Profile
    • Email

If an applicant is claiming micro entity status, should the Small Entity Status Claimed checkbox on the ADS be checked or not?

MYK

• Lead Member
    • View Profile

IIRC, there's a micro-entity status checkbox on the form now, also.  That micro-entity box should be checked, and NOT the small-entity one.

I don't have a copy in front of me, though, and the stupid ADS form is done in dynamic PDF so I can't open it to check (I don't have any compatible PDF software available).
"The life of a patent solicitor has always been a hard one."  Judge Giles Rich, Application of Ruschig, 379 F.2d 990.

Disclaimer: not only am I not a lawyer, I'm not your lawyer.  Therefore, this does not constitute legal advice.

smgsmc

• Lead Member
    • View Profile

IIRC, there's a micro-entity status checkbox on the form now, also.  That micro-entity box should be checked, and NOT the small-entity one.

I don't have a copy in front of me, though, and the stupid ADS form is done in dynamic PDF so I can't open it to check (I don't have any compatible PDF software available).
I'm looking at the form I just downloaded now.  It only has a single checkbox, "Small Entity Status Claimed".

Footer

www.intelproplaw.com

Terms of Use
Feel free to contact us:
Sorry, spam is killing us.

iKnight Technologies Inc.

www.intelproplaw.com

Page created in 44.061 seconds with 28 queries.