Intellectual Property Forum The Intellectual Property Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We are looking for moderators.  Message the admin if interested.

Author Topic: Selecting an ISA for PCT  (Read 415 times)

bbd001

• View Profile
    • Email
Selecting an ISA for PCT
« on: 01-16-19 at 01:35 pm »

I have learned that if I select International Bureau (IB) as my receiving office (RO), I can select an ISA for PCT . It seems EPO and KPO are the best option for ISA.

I am a Canadian citizen and WIPO told me that I can select EPO as my ISA, but not KPO (does anyone know why)?

If I select EPO as my ISA, how long does it take to receive the preliminary search report?

midwestengineer

• View Profile
Re: Selecting an ISA for PCT
« Reply #1 on: 01-16-19 at 02:09 pm »

I have learned that if I select International Bureau (IB) as my receiving office (RO), I can select an ISA for PCT . It seems EPO and KPO are the best option for ISA.

I am a Canadian citizen and WIPO told me that I can select EPO as my ISA, but not KPO (does anyone know why)?

If I select EPO as my ISA, how long does it take to receive the preliminary search report?

bbd001-

The information included in your post is not accurate.  You appear to be trying to navigate the international patent system by yourself.  While admirable, the international system is vastly more complicated than any national system.  Addressing your questions would require a several hour long discussion.  Please consider retaining professional representation.

bbd001

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 01-17-19 at 02:47 am »

Nevermind, after creating a dummy application. I found that only US applicant can select different ISA, Canadian applicant is forced to use local (Canadian Patent Office) as ISA.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: 01-17-19 at 02:55 am by bbd001 »

smgsmc

• Lead Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01-17-19 at 08:19 am »

Not sure what you are trying to accomplish.  Why are you trying to use the IB, instead of the Canadian Patent Office, as RO?

Footer

www.intelproplaw.com

Terms of Use
Feel free to contact us:
Sorry, spam is killing us.

iKnight Technologies Inc.

www.intelproplaw.com

Page created in 44.055 seconds with 21 queries.