Intellectual Property Forum The Intellectual Property Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We are looking for moderators.  Message the admin if interested.

Author Topic: Thoughts on a Co-op  (Read 349 times)

ryanmj13007

• View Profile
Thoughts on a Co-op
« on: 05-13-18 at 10:49 pm »

Hi everyone, Im new here so please be patient.

I am an undergraduate at Purdue University majoring in Chemical Engineering. I have the opportunity to do a 5 session co-op. If my plan is to become a Patent Attorney, would completing a co-op be valuable? Do law schools or potential employers after law school favor those with work experience or co-op experience? Any information is very helpful.

Thank you all.

novobarro

• View Profile
Re: Thoughts on a Co-op
« Reply #1 on: 05-14-18 at 12:52 pm »

is the co-op to get experience as a chemical engineer?  Will the co-op delay your graduation?  Is it paid?  What does five sessions mean?   Why are you set on becoming a patent attorney?  Are you a senior or a freshman?  Have you taken the LSAT?  Too many unknowns.  I think generally relevant experience is good, and is especially important as a new grad.

For example, if you are a sophomore and are considering a co-op related to chemical engineering and only have the idea of patent attorney as a career, I think a co-op that gives you relevant work experience in chem E would be great.   Who knows you may change your mind by the time you graduate, in which case, the co-op experience will give you a leg up on hiring. 

Footer

www.intelproplaw.com

Terms of Use
Feel free to contact us:
Sorry, spam is killing us.

iKnight Technologies Inc.

www.intelproplaw.com

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 20 queries.