Intellectual Property Forum The Intellectual Property Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We are looking for moderators.  Message the admin if interested.

Author Topic: CAFC: Bar on Registering Immoral or Scandalous Trademarks Violates 1st Amendment  (Read 654 times)

MYK

• Lead Member
    • View Profile
"The life of a patent solicitor has always been a hard one."  Judge Giles Rich, Application of Ruschig, 379 F.2d 990.

Disclaimer: not only am I not a lawyer, I'm not your lawyer.  Therefore, this does not constitute legal advice.

Robert K S

• Lead Member
    • View Profile

Saw a presentation by the trademarks commish last week and she said they were just waiting for that case to drop.

Maybe after SCOTUS denies cert. Congress will get around to revising the statute.
This post is made in the context of professional discussion of general patent law issues and nothing contained herein may be construed as legal advice.

Robert K S

• Lead Member
    • View Profile

Somewhat deceptively, Ms. Denison more than once gave her audience the impression that the "FUCT" registration application was for "baby clothes."  Looking at the listing of goods in the application information, I see it is more broadly for "athletic apparel, namely, shirts, pants, jackets, footwear, hats and caps; Children's and infant's apparel, namely, jumpers, overall sleepwear, pajamas, rompers and one-piece garments."
This post is made in the context of professional discussion of general patent law issues and nothing contained herein may be construed as legal advice.

Footer

www.intelproplaw.com

Terms of Use
Feel free to contact us:
Sorry, spam is killing us.

iKnight Technologies Inc.

www.intelproplaw.com

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 20 queries.