Intellectual Property Forum The Intellectual Property Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We are looking for moderators.  Message the admin if interested.

Author Topic: I published a book on a publishing house website that I was unsure of...  (Read 346 times)

watsonpendelton

• View Profile
    • Email

I published a book on a publishing house website that I was unsure of having the rights to.  I told this publishing house all the details and they responded that they could not give answers until I had submitted the book.  After that, they said that they would contact me if needed.  Well, they went ahead and published the book and did not contact me until after they got a complaint.  They basically shut my account down, and took all the profits from this account.  I'm interested in taking legal action against them.  Who would handle a case like this?  Thanks.

artchain

• View Profile
    • ArtChain Artist and Art Group Directory
    • Email

You published something that you did not have the rights to. 

Did the complainant claim the rights?

I suspect that your publishing contract covers this situation, and that you are not entitled to any profits.

If you want legal advice regarding your specific situation, I'd recommend a consultation with an intellectual property attorney, but I suspect based on what you have said that you don't have a case.

You can get a referral to an attorney through your local bar association.  In most cases, they will give you an initial consultation for a nominal fee.

This post is provided for information purposes only, and does not constitute legal advice.

ArtChain Art Directory | Copyright Safeguard | ED Treatment Center

Footer

www.intelproplaw.com

Terms of Use
Feel free to contact us:
Sorry, spam is killing us.

iKnight Technologies Inc.

www.intelproplaw.com

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 20 queries.