Intellectual Property Forum The Intellectual Property Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We are looking for moderators.  Message the admin if interested.

Author Topic: How to make publication to invalidate future patents.  (Read 386 times)

Pianist

• View Profile

I invented new technology and I want to make publication in internet to invalidate any future patents based on this technology. What is the best way to make such publication? Blog, social network, forums or what?
I want to have possibility to use this publication in court. How can I prove to judge, that this publication was made before patent application?

tati

• View Profile
Re: How to make publication to invalidate future patents.
« Reply #1 on: 09-13-17 at 03:25 am »

How about Prior Art Database (priorart.ip.com)? The publications are dated, so you can secure the date on which the document went public. Although one has to pay to retrieve those articles, as far as I know they are considered valid prior art, at least by EP examiners.

Peacefulness

• View Profile
Re: How to make publication to invalidate future patents.
« Reply #2 on: 09-25-17 at 12:03 pm »

Ultimately any kind of publication that has a set publication date would be able to invalidate future patents.  Worse case scenario is even if the patent examiner fails to find the art, then you can bring it up during litigation.  However, the best way would actually be to file the article as a patent application itself.  Only patent applications can also have applied a filing date before publication which provides better ways to invalidate future patents on the technology.  Additionally, it is more likely that a patent examiner will be able to find your publication to immediately reject future patents on that technology.

Footer

www.intelproplaw.com

Terms of Use
Feel free to contact us:
Sorry, spam is killing us.

iKnight Technologies Inc.

www.intelproplaw.com

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 20 queries.