Intellectual Property Forum The Intellectual Property Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We are looking for moderators.  Message the admin if interested.

Author Topic: information on Patent attorney  (Read 1054 times)

Raja

• View Profile
    • Email
information on Patent attorney
« on: 06-21-17 at 07:43 am »

Hello All,
I got an offer as 'trainee European patent attorney' (EPA) in a medium sized pvt. firm in Germany. Although the salary is low (around gross 3100 euro per month), I decided to go for it. I am curious to know the future of my job (I am actually new to IP jobs) after becoming EPA. Especially how much the salary will I receive after acquiring EPA? During my interview they informed me that there will be incentives/bonus during the trainee period, but how much I can expect?
Thanks for your reply, Raj.

bartmans

• View Profile
Re: information on Patent attorney
« Reply #1 on: 06-22-17 at 05:54 am »

Dear Raja,

although there are differences from country to country and even within a country there are differences from firm to firm, it is to be expected that a European patent attorney would earn about 70-80K in the first years after getting registered. Next to the gross salary also other items play a role, such as bonuses, pension scheme and health insurance, expense compensations, provisions for a company car, company telephone, company journal subscriptions etc.
As you may realise the inclusion of these components in the gross income can make a world of a difference.

After the first years it will depend on your role (whether you become partner or senior associate) how and to which height your salary will rise.

Raja

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 06-22-17 at 09:42 am »

Dear Bartmans,
Thanks for your reply.
Finally I got to know about the typical salary of trainee positions. It seems that only in big companies the salary will be higher, usually 55 k p.a.
Regards, Raj.

UVAgal4

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06-27-17 at 04:16 am »

just be aware that you can't really move outside of europe and still continue representing clients before the EPO, as your principal place of business needs to be in Europe.

Footer

www.intelproplaw.com

Terms of Use
Feel free to contact us:
Sorry, spam is killing us.

iKnight Technologies Inc.

www.intelproplaw.com

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 20 queries.