Intellectual Property Forum The Intellectual Property Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We are looking for moderators.  Message the admin if interested.

Author Topic: Notice of Allowance Checklist  (Read 818 times)

examiner_bio

• View Profile
Notice of Allowance Checklist
« on: 04-01-17 at 07:28 am »

Hello,

Has this topic been posted before? If not, does anyone mind sharing or commenting on their notice of allowance checklist besides the basics?

The basics to me include POA, Declarations, Assignments, any Terminal Disclaimers, fees etc.

Thank you!

midwestengineer

• View Profile
Re: Notice of Allowance Checklist
« Reply #1 on: 04-01-17 at 12:09 pm »

Hello,

Has this topic been posted before? If not, does anyone mind sharing or commenting on their notice of allowance checklist besides the basics?

The basics to me include POA, Declarations, Assignments, any Terminal Disclaimers, fees etc.

Thank you!

You might want include checklist items to address things to clean up the file wrapper.  Double check to make sure all claims for priority are properly acknowledged, all IDSs have been properly acknowledged, etc.  Verify that the file wrapper in pair matches all of your records.  Verify that the Examiner's reasons for allowance, if included, didn't go off the rails and advise the client that they are able to respond to the Examiner's reasons for allowance/make a recommendation regarding whether a response to the reasons may be helpful.  Verify that the name of the invention on the NOA matches your records.

You might also include checklist items to make sure that the client has been or will be advised of potential continuation apps/divisional apps/etc.  You might also include checklist items to ensure that the client has been properly advised of their duties to the USPTO.

This might be a separate scope of work after reporting a notice of allowance, but a continuation analysis or verification step that the claims as will issue are of importance to your client.

You might include data collection actions to populate your systems.

Dazed-n-confused

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04-01-17 at 08:45 pm »

I recall seeing this one a long time ago.  Not sure if AIA requires modification, but at the time it seemed fairly complete.

http://www.intelproplaw.com/ip_forum/index.php/topic,12661.msg59010.html#msg59010
...purple haze... ...runnin' through my brain... ...and it feels... being hit bya train....

Jonathan

• Lead Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 04-04-17 at 06:51 pm »

(WOW, a blast from the past, of sorts - a post from 8 years ago but glad the content I posted is memorable..  :) )

Weng Tianxiang

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04-07-17 at 06:51 am »

Hi Jonathan,

I found that 8 years ago you posted 1216. But after 8 years your post records are still 1216! what is wrong?

Weng

Toot Aps Esroh

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: 04-08-17 at 12:54 pm »

Hi Jonathan,

I found that 8 years ago you posted 1216. But after 8 years your post records are still 1216! what is wrong?

Weng

Nothing is wrong.  Check your own PROFILE, then from there look at Show Posts to look at your own posts.  You'll see that even your very first post indicates under your name your current number of total posts (as of this writing, 193). 

Also, if you should decide to add a signature line to accompany your posts (go back to your PROFILE, use MODIFY PROFILE --> FORUM PROFILE), you'll note that the signature line will be applied globally (all of your posts, old to new).

Weng Tianxiang

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06-16-17 at 10:01 pm »

Hi midwestengineer,

I don't understand some of your text marked in red:

You might want include checklist items to address things to clean up the file wrapper.  Double check to make sure all claims for priority are properly acknowledged, all IDSs have been properly acknowledged, etc.  Verify that the file wrapper in pair matches all of your records.  Verify that the Examiner's reasons for allowance, if included, didn't go off the rails and advise the client that they are able to respond to the Examiner's reasons for allowance/make a recommendation regarding whether a response to the reasons may be helpful. Verify that the name of the invention on the NOA matches your records.

Could you please help explain further about the text in red.

Thank you.

Weng

Footer

www.intelproplaw.com

Terms of Use
Feel free to contact us:
Sorry, spam is killing us.

iKnight Technologies Inc.

www.intelproplaw.com

Page created in 0.251 seconds with 20 queries.