Intellectual Property Forum The Intellectual Property Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We are looking for moderators.  Message the admin if interested.

Author Topic: My analysis of the financial markets isn't my own any more?  (Read 1378 times)

twojzsc3

• View Profile

I signed up with a company to learn to trade the financial markets. The company I received my education from had a google plus community to share ideas and provided live webinars to help teach. Once I became consistent on my own I created my own community to share my analysis and started hosting webinars illustrating my views of the markets. Now the company that taught me is claiming im stealing their IP. How can my interpretation of the markets be their intellectual property. All my services are free btw. Thanks for any feedback.

still_learnin

• View Profile
Re: My analysis of the financial markets isn't my own any more?
« Reply #1 on: 04-04-17 at 10:09 am »

Now the company that taught me is claiming im stealing their IP. How can my interpretation of the markets be their intellectual property. All my services are free btw.

The simple answer is you may have agreed to give up your rights / assign those rights to the company.

What agreement did you make with the company? There was almost certainly a "terms of service" involved for the online community itself, and perhaps another agreement for the course itself. Perhaps you didn't even realize you were agreeing to anything, sometimes these "shrink-wrap" or "click-wrap" agreement are buried somewhere.
The above is not legal advice, and my participation in discussions on this forum does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Footer

www.intelproplaw.com

Terms of Use
Feel free to contact us:
Sorry, spam is killing us.

iKnight Technologies Inc.

www.intelproplaw.com

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 20 queries.