Intellectual Property Forum The Intellectual Property Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We are looking for moderators.  Message the admin if interested.

Author Topic: mypatentbar.com can go viral  (Read 1290 times)

Robert K S

• Lead Member
    • View Profile
mypatentbar.com can go viral
« on: 01-10-17 at 03:13 pm »

It only took me a few years, but I finally googled your sig.  I had forgotten the commercial, and definitely wouldn't have remembered the lame, big-font disclaimer.  Nor would I have taken it at face value at the time!  Give me proof, dammit.
This post is made in the context of professional discussion of general patent law issues and nothing contained herein may be construed as legal advice.

Tobmapsatonmi

• Lead Member
    • View Profile
Re: [Now Less Likely That It] can go viral
« Reply #1 on: 01-10-17 at 06:06 pm »

I can't remember where I was working at the time, but a bunch of us used to just toss that tagline into conversations at odd moments during the day. (Kind of like when we were kids we went around saying to each other "It's good stuff, Maynard!" (which I guess was limited to Midwest markets)).

I'm not positive but I think I recollect that the plastic wrap disclaimer was not present in the first run of that commercial and was only added after a ruckus raising by PETA types, which made it funnier to us. 

Especially because it was not too distant in time (forward or back, I don't know which) from the Listerine commercial that got yanked very quickly due to similar outcry over the tagline, "They're germs.  They deserve to die!".
« Last Edit: 01-25-17 at 12:35 pm by Tobmapsatonmi »

Robert K S

• Lead Member
    • View Profile
Re: mypatentbar.com can go viral
« Reply #2 on: 01-10-17 at 06:09 pm »

And, really, who was the unfortunate individual tasked with yanking the plastic-wrapped meat back from the jaws of the starving tiger?
This post is made in the context of professional discussion of general patent law issues and nothing contained herein may be construed as legal advice.

Tobmapsatonmi

• Lead Member
    • View Profile
Re: [Now Less Likely That It] can go viral
« Reply #3 on: 01-10-17 at 06:13 pm »

And, really, who was the unfortunate individual tasked with yanking the plastic-wrapped meat back from the jaws of the starving tiger?

I'm really surprised that someone with your level of perspicacity hasn't already figured it out.

They just said the tiger didn't eat the plastic wrap.

They didn't say they didn't shoot it.
« Last Edit: 01-25-17 at 12:36 pm by Tobmapsatonmi »

Footer

www.intelproplaw.com

Terms of Use
Feel free to contact us:
Sorry, spam is killing us.

iKnight Technologies Inc.

www.intelproplaw.com

Page created in 5.101 seconds with 20 queries.