Intellectual Property Forum The Intellectual Property Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

We are looking for moderators.  Message the admin if interested.

Author Topic: I made logo but it looks like a registered Trademark logo  (Read 744 times)

• View Profile

Good evening,

I am working on my application (Bitcoins - USD Exchange) and made this logo :

I am not allowed to post the direct link here because of the forum restrictions, I made a bitly short url =

My colleague says it looks like the Logo of MasterCard, and it is a violation, and now I am not sure if I have to change my application logo or keep it.

your thought ?

• Lead Member
    • View Profile
Re: I made logo but it looks like a registered Trademark logo
« Reply #1 on: 06-23-16 at 03:55 am »

There are quite a few differences, but it does look a bit derived.  Have you considered a rollercoaster motif?  Or alternately something incorporating an image of the lunar surface?  Perhaps also the Earth's continental outlines on the other side? :)

Also, I believe most Bitcoin-oriented logos favor the use of a blocky "dissolve" between one side and the other.  Of course, this might cause yours to be considered derivative of those others. . . . :(

As far as "have to change", that's a bit absolute.  You could end up being sued on any pretext, it's a question of how likely it is and what the odds of success for the other side are.  This design does give MC more of a chance than something completely different might.
"The life of a patent solicitor has always been a hard one."  Judge Giles Rich, Application of Ruschig, 379 F.2d 990.

Disclaimer: not only am I not a lawyer, I'm not your lawyer.  Therefore, this does not constitute legal advice.

Terms of Use
Feel free to contact us:
Sorry, spam is killing us.

iKnight Technologies Inc.

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 20 queries.