Intellectual Property Forum The Intellectual Property Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We are looking for moderators.  Message the admin if interested.

Author Topic: I made logo but it looks like a registered Trademark logo  (Read 835 times)

balambala

• View Profile

Good evening,

I am working on my application (Bitcoins - USD Exchange) and made this logo :

I am not allowed to post the direct link here because of the forum restrictions, I made a bitly short url = bit.ly/28X4UrB

My colleague says it looks like the Logo of MasterCard, and it is a violation, and now I am not sure if I have to change my application logo or keep it.

your thought ?

MYK

• Lead Member
    • View Profile
Re: I made logo but it looks like a registered Trademark logo
« Reply #1 on: 06-23-16 at 03:55 am »

There are quite a few differences, but it does look a bit derived.  Have you considered a rollercoaster motif?  Or alternately something incorporating an image of the lunar surface?  Perhaps also the Earth's continental outlines on the other side? :)

Also, I believe most Bitcoin-oriented logos favor the use of a blocky "dissolve" between one side and the other.  Of course, this might cause yours to be considered derivative of those others. . . . :(

As far as "have to change", that's a bit absolute.  You could end up being sued on any pretext, it's a question of how likely it is and what the odds of success for the other side are.  This design does give MC more of a chance than something completely different might.
"The life of a patent solicitor has always been a hard one."  Judge Giles Rich, Application of Ruschig, 379 F.2d 990.

Disclaimer: not only am I not a lawyer, I'm not your lawyer.  Therefore, this does not constitute legal advice.

Footer

www.intelproplaw.com

Terms of Use
Feel free to contact us:
Sorry, spam is killing us.

iKnight Technologies Inc.

www.intelproplaw.com

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 20 queries.