Intellectual Property Forum The Intellectual Property Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We are looking for moderators.  Message the admin if interested.

Author Topic: 9,060,671: Systems and methods to gather and analyze electroencephalographic..  (Read 3532 times)

Jonathan

• Lead Member
    • View Profile
    • Email

I randomly came across 9060671 today, owned by the Nielsen Company - tv ratings, etc.

As far as I can tell, it's a cap that measures a person's interest in what they are watching but the set of figures labeled in the fig. 22 series almost suggests that having electrodes implanted on a person's head would aid in keeping the cap on and in good electrical contact with the person's brainwaves.

This link confirms, though, that the cap can function without one having to be turned into Pinhead of the Hellraiser series of movies:

http://www.nielsen.com/consumerneuroscience#headset

Rabid Levity

• View Profile

... in the fig. 22 series almost suggests that having electrodes implanted on a person's head would aid in keeping the cap on and in good electrical contact with the person's brainwaves.

This link confirms, though, that the cap can function without one having to be turned into Pinhead of the Hellraiser series of movies:

http://www.nielsen.com/consumerneuroscience#headset

That thing's hideous.  I knew those Nielsen guys were up to no good and am glad I refused to take part in their nefarious schemes.

MYK

• Lead Member
    • View Profile

In fairness, it is less intrusive than the rectal probing the Grays do.
"The life of a patent solicitor has always been a hard one."  Judge Giles Rich, Application of Ruschig, 379 F.2d 990.

Disclaimer: not only am I not a lawyer, I'm not your lawyer.  Therefore, this does not constitute legal advice.

Footer

www.intelproplaw.com

Terms of Use
Feel free to contact us:
Sorry, spam is killing us.

iKnight Technologies Inc.

www.intelproplaw.com

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 20 queries.