Intellectual Property Forum The Intellectual Property Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We are looking for moderators.  Message the admin if interested.

Author Topic: California Accredited Law School and IP Attorney  (Read 2125 times)

Hud1000

• View Profile
California Accredited Law School and IP Attorney
« on: 05-30-13 at 12:11 am »

Hi, I am an attorney in CA. I graduated from a law school accredited by CA, but not ABA. I am also a patent agent with 2+ patent prosecution experience. I Hold BS and MS in EE and have more than 12+ years engineering experience. But I cannot get an IP associate job because the law school I attended is not an ABA accredited law school. What can I do? Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

bluerogue

• View Profile
Re: California Accredited Law School and IP Attorney
« Reply #1 on: 10-12-17 at 02:24 am »

Hi, I am an attorney in CA. I graduated from a law school accredited by CA, but not ABA. I am also a patent agent with 2+ patent prosecution experience. I Hold BS and MS in EE and have more than 12+ years engineering experience. But I cannot get an IP associate job because the law school I attended is not an ABA accredited law school. What can I do? Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Have you passed the bar?  From your post, it sounds like you took the CA bar and passed it to be able to call yourself an attorney.  If not, the first thing is to pass the CA bar, which is the only bar you're likely eligible to sit for.  That should at least make some smaller firms maybe more comfortable with hiring you. Biglaw has its choice of law school graduates so you're probably out of luck there.  If you haven't passed the CA bar, you can try for a patent agent positions at firms (sometimes called patent scientists and various other names for folks with a reg #, but no bar). 
The views expressed are my own and do not represent those of the USPTO. I am also not your lawyer nor providing legal advice.

Tobmapsatonmi

• Lead Member
    • View Profile
Re: California Accredited Law School and IP Attorney
« Reply #2 on: 10-12-17 at 01:50 pm »

Four year-old `bot-resurrected thread.

Hopefully by now the OP has gotten some traction, though.

Footer

www.intelproplaw.com

Terms of Use
Feel free to contact us:
Sorry, spam is killing us.

iKnight Technologies Inc.

www.intelproplaw.com

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 20 queries.