Intellectual Property Forum The Intellectual Property Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We are looking for moderators.  Message the admin if interested.

Pages: 1 ... 458 459 460 461 462 [463]

Author Topic: Working for the USPTO  (Read 2174572 times)

Tobmapsatonmi

• Lead Member
    • View Profile
Re: Working for the USPTO
« Reply #6930 on: 10-06-17 at 02:25 pm »

So if the newhire examiner is not an inventor/owner of the patent apps, but just the drafting/filing attorney, once the applications shift to another attorney at their old firm there's no longer any conflict?

What if the newhire examiner gets assigned to the same GAU where those apps are being examined? 

bluerogue

• View Profile
« Reply #6931 on: 10-06-17 at 03:33 pm »

So if the newhire examiner is not an inventor/owner of the patent apps, but just the drafting/filing attorney, once the applications shift to another attorney at their old firm there's no longer any conflict?

What if the newhire examiner gets assigned to the same GAU where those apps are being examined? 

This happened to me.  I'm conflicted out on any patent I touched before joining the PTO.  This includes patents that I did not write, but reviewed, approved, etc.  I've had to move away a few applications because of this, but it's not as many as you might imagine.  You're conflicted out of those apps pretty much forever (and for good reason, IMO). 
The views expressed are my own and do not represent those of the USPTO. I am also not your lawyer nor providing legal advice.

Tobmapsatonmi

• Lead Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6932 on: 10-07-17 at 02:17 pm »

This happened to me.  I'm conflicted out on any patent I touched before joining the PTO.  This includes patents that I did not write, but reviewed, approved, etc.  I've had to move away a few applications because of this, but it's not as many as you might imagine.  You're conflicted out of those apps pretty much forever (and for good reason, IMO).

Thanks, good info.

midnightsun

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6933 on: 10-08-17 at 10:06 pm »

Thank you! Really helpful!
Pages: 1 ... 458 459 460 461 462 [463]

Footer

www.intelproplaw.com

Terms of Use
Feel free to contact us:
Sorry, spam is killing us.

iKnight Technologies Inc.

www.intelproplaw.com

Page created in 0.191 seconds with 21 queries.