Working for the USPTO

Started by JTripodo, 01-31-05 at 10:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spacepolicepoliceman

Quote from: del20 on 06-08-16 at 07:55 AM
Quote from: fewyearsin on 06-08-16 at 06:23 AM
Quote from: del20 on 06-08-16 at 02:52 AM
if the new class starts end of Jul, I think they need to wrap up the interviews since its about less then a month to starts if that is true.

I've seen offers sent out with less than 2 weeks until the start date.  Hopefully that's not typical.  I had that happen and was able to delay for about 6 weeks until the next academy.  But they don't have as many starting academy classes the last few years.  Good luck!
Thanks!
I got the email for an interview invite this morning to interview next week, the hr person said they've his people before without interviewing them.  Good luck, hopefully I'll see you in Detroit later this summer

del20

Quote from: spacepolicepoliceman on 06-08-16 at 08:35 PM
if the new class starts end of Jul, I think they need to wrap up the interviews since its about less then a month to starts if that is true.

I've seen offers sent out with less than 2 weeks until the start date.  Hopefully that's not typical.  I had that happen and was able to delay for about 6 weeks until the next academy.  But they don't have as many starting academy classes the last few years.  Good luck!
Thanks!
I got the email for an interview invite this morning to interview next week, the hr person said they've his people before without interviewing them.  Good luck, hopefully I'll see you in Detroit later this summer

Congrats
I wonder if they sent e-mails to every one who are selected to the interview on the same day.
Good luck

evanschrispjr

Any thoughts on when the next round of hiring might occur for Patent Examiners in Alexandria?  Thanks.

StarWind24

Unfortunately, I receive email last week saying that the hiring goal in Alexandria has been met....So I wasn't selected. I applied for EE and CE....*sigh. Cross finger on other office I guess. Hope the Alexandria interview I had last month was decent at least.

del20

Quote from: del20 on 06-08-16 at 09:54 PM

Thanks!

Congrats
I wonder if they sent e-mails to every one who are selected to the interview on the same day.
Good luck
how did your interview go?
are they still interviewing?

Anitanax

Веб сайт  СВБ клуб. Вы всегда сможете просмотреть  место расположение организаций досуга  таких как Базы отдыха, а также автомобильной тематики, бизнеса, магазинов, медицинских клиник, медицинских услуг и тд.

spacepolicepoliceman

Quote from: del20 on 06-16-16 at 05:43 AM
Quote from: del20 on 06-08-16 at 09:54 PM

Thanks!

Congrats
Good luck
how did your interview go?
are they still interviewing?

The interview went pretty well, they ask the same basic questions to everyone, and I saw the interview questions somewhere on this forum so I was pretty well prepared.  We did the webex with a call-in.  The SPE I interviewed with said that had a lot more interviews to do and it would be possible that someone with veteran's preference would bump me and that they weren't going to get any offers out until later in July with starting date in early August (August 6 is what they are shooting for with this class).   She said the class size would be around 20 people.  I think they're still interviewing people this week.

Lady Synchrony

For those interested to know about the number of examiners who started in June.
A friend of mine started on June 13, and she says there are around 125 people in her academy (11 lab groups): EE's, Mech E's, Industrial E's, and Chem E's.

del20

the hr employees are so weird.
I asked about the status and she responded that the selection process has ended and if you were selected the hr will contact you shortly.
this is for Detroit,
When you read " if you were selected...."  you would assume that second part should follow something like this: the hr would have contacted you by now or something like this....but she added the second part as the hr will contact you shortly. the context would suggest that hr will contact you. it's just too much they dont wanna answer you and I AM DONE...

fewyearsin

Quote from: del20 on 06-29-16 at 12:00 AM
the hr employees are so weird.
I asked about the status and she responded that the selection process has ended and if you were selected the hr will contact you shortly.
this is for Detroit,
When you read " if you were selected...."  you would assume that second part should follow something like this: the hr would have contacted you by now or something like this....but she added the second part as the hr will contact you shortly. the context would suggest that hr will contact you. it's just too much they dont wanna answer you and I AM DONE...
Just a heads up about the real world . . . If you can't handle a little incompetence in HR during the hiring process, you're going to have a VERY HARD TIME in life, and especially working as an Examiner at the Patent Office, interacting with other Examiners, your SPE, and attorneys.  A little patience goes a long way when things are out of your control.
This comment does not represent the opinion or position of the PTO or any law firm; is not legal advice; and represents only a few quick thoughts. I'm willing to learn, let me know if you think I'm wrong. Seek out the advice of a competent patent attorney for answers to specific questions.

del20

i got OF-306 form. i dont know if that means offer comes later or what
actually i have been waiting since Dec-2014 when i graduated with my master degree
I used to work for NASA and mission control so i know what patience means thank u
its called frustration  :P thanks for your input have a good life

fewyearsin

That form means you're pretty much hired.  Congrats!

HR can be frustrating, for sure.  I got a phone confirmation of my offer and start date.  Then, about 2 days before my start, I still hadn't received anything in writing.  I called, and found out they had delayed my start by a month, without telling me.  The actual written offer came eventually.
This comment does not represent the opinion or position of the PTO or any law firm; is not legal advice; and represents only a few quick thoughts. I'm willing to learn, let me know if you think I'm wrong. Seek out the advice of a competent patent attorney for answers to specific questions.

del20

Quote from: fewyearsin on 06-29-16 at 10:55 PM

HR can be frustrating, for sure.  I got a phone confirmation of my offer and start date.  Then, about 2 days before my start, I still hadn't received anything in writing.  I called, and found out they had delayed my start by a month, without telling me.  The actual written offer came eventually.
Thanks!
I filled out the form and the status says hired. then hr emailed me the informal offer email.
thanks to every one who shared their experiences on this site.

spacepolicepoliceman

Quote from: del20 on 06-30-16 at 03:06 AM

Thanks!
I filled out the form and the status says hired. then hr emailed me the informal offer email.

I got the OF-306 too, I'm still a little torn between going there or TARDEC.  Hopefully I'll get some time to think it over.

del20

Quote from: spacepolicepoliceman on 07-01-16 at 05:41 AM
Quote from: del20 on 06-30-16 at 03:06 AM

Thanks!

I got the OF-306 too, I'm still a little torn between going there or TARDEC.  Hopefully I'll get some time to think it over.
Congrats!
I'm just concerned that I have to pay all the moving expenses from Dallas to Detroit!! I don't know y they didn't chose me for dallas office back in Nov!!

www.intelproplaw.com

Terms of Use
Feel free to contact us:
Sorry, spam is killing us.

iKnight Technologies Inc.

www.intelproplaw.com