Working for the USPTO

Started by JTripodo, 01-31-05 at 10:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dd1234

Thanks StarWind.  However, it sounds like if they are processing the "selections", then we were not selected.

StarWind24

Cross finger. Hope they will notify us soon.

Lonewolf84

I called HR as well. I got the same response. They are still processing selections and it could take a couple more weeks at least. Trying not to think about it even though I want the job so badly.

ilbe

dd1234

Congratulations again ILBE!!  I am just curious-did HR call you and let you know that they were sending out an OF 306 or did you just get an e-mail from HR?

ilbe

Quote from: dd1234 on 05-04-16 at 11:02 PM
Congratulations again ILBE!!  I am just curious-did HR call you and let you know that they were sending out an OF 306 or did you just get an e-mail from HR?

Here is my detailed timeline:
1. First, I received the 'REFERRED BUT NOT SELECTED' email for GS-9. I had a major despair at that time
2. I called HR about my GS-7 application status. They told me they were still processing. They also told me they would contact me shortly
3. About an hour later, I got the 'SELECTED' email
4. Shortly after, in a separate e-mail, they requested me to fill the OF-306 form
5. The day after I submitted OF-306, HR person called about the tentative offer
6. Hours later, the HR sent me the tentative offer letter

I hope this helps but I think different technology groups will have different timelines.

dd1234

Thanks
Did you work for the patent searching firm remotely?  Just trying to figure out what it takes to get into the USPTO

StarWind24

Quote from: ilbe on 05-05-16 at 12:48 AM
Quote from: dd1234 on 05-04-16 at 11:02 PM

Here is my detailed timeline:
1. First, I received the 'REFERRED BUT NOT SELECTED' email for GS-9. I had a major despair at that time
2. I called HR about my GS-7 application status. They told me they were still processing. They also told me they would contact me shortly
3. About an hour later, I got the 'SELECTED' email
4. Shortly after, in a separate e-mail, they requested me to fill the OF-306 form
5. The day after I submitted OF-306, HR person called about the tentative offer
6. Hours later, the HR sent me the tentative offer letter

I hope this helps but I think different technology groups will have different timelines.

Thank you for the sharing. I just got the "Referred not selected" email for EE GS-9. I guess I will call them this afternoon. (I applied to EE GS 7/9 and CE GS 7/9).

StarWind24

just got an email saying not selected for both 07/09....*sigh....I guess I will wait for the CE result.

Lonewolf84

Referred not selected for the second time now...what to do. Should have applied for GS7 as well but didn't want to start that low since id already be taking a pay cut at GS9. Guess Ill be trying again.

dd1234

StarWind-What type of engineer are you? 

StarWind24

don't have engineering degree. Had some EE/CE classes so I passed the patent bar and NY bar. This is the second time they interviewed me.

dd1234

LoneWolf-what type of engineer are you?

StarWind24

I guess I will call the HR again tomorrow to ask about my EE application, like what to improve, etc. Hope I got hired by either Business Method or CE.

bkk1057

Just got rejected for Chem E GS7 and 9. In the same e-mail.

www.intelproplaw.com

Terms of Use
Feel free to contact us:
Sorry, spam is killing us.

iKnight Technologies Inc.

www.intelproplaw.com