Have an Idea Don't know how to get it on paper.

Started by Todd Ryan, 01-20-05 at 03:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd Ryan

I'm in construction and have an idea for some staging modifications. My problem is that I believe my idea may need the help of a mechanical engineer or firm to that degree to get my idea into specification ready documents. What do I do? I understand that consulting an attourney is not a bad idea either for a patend but the latter should probably come before???? or not! I should probably have something on paper before i go to a lawyer right? Help me out, I'm a newbe.

JSonnabend

A patent attorney may be helpful at this juncture for a few reasons.  First, if you do approach a mechanical drafting/engineeering firm to assist in creating design drawings, the attorney might offer you some protection in the form of a Non Disclosure Agreement for the firm.  Second, depending on the complexity of the mechanical design, the attorney may be able to steer you to one of his or her patent draftsman instead.

- Jeff
SonnabendLaw
Intellectual Property and Technology Law
Brooklyn, USA
718-832-8810
JSonnabend@SonnabendLaw.com

todd ryan

Hey, thanks for the reply. I live in Danvers MA, do you know of a reliable qualified patent attourney. if not comfortable giving in this forum you can email me directly if need be. the design phase would be fairly simple. I would be improving an already existing product line of alluminum construction so it would not be a difficult modification.

www.intelproplaw.com

Terms of Use
Feel free to contact us:
Sorry, spam is killing us.

iKnight Technologies Inc.

www.intelproplaw.com