design patent contract question

Started by Ren, 01-21-09 at 05:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ren

My partner and I recently designed a shirt wih a zipper that runs from the bottom the the top made in various styles and with any addable accessories. First we started out with t-shirts and branched out to shirts of different sleeve length and collar styles. We even came up with zippers that run diagonally. The shirts can be made of anything and the zippers are of any make. We currently have the patent on this particular design and are not only looking into selling them ourselves but selling the rights to clothing companies as well. The potential for design combinations are almost endless. Many people I talk to (mostly college and high school students) love the idea and would buy them either in stores or from us. Potentially how much would the design be worth to companies if anyone with experience in this field can venture a guess. If it is worth entering a contract how can I convey the design potential and the predicted demand? It may seem rediculous at first but when you think about it it is a pretty cool design as far as fasion goes. I would appreciate any type of feedback. If anyone could give me advice it would vastly improve our situation. Thank you.

erfinder

Hello Ren,
sad but true, the worth of such an design patent goes towards 0 Dollar. You have to start selling them and with this actual proof of you successfully selling them, you might find a clothing company to list your brand. btw. without a brand name, which is costly to establish you barely stand a chance.

www.intelproplaw.com

Terms of Use
Feel free to contact us:
Sorry, spam is killing us.

iKnight Technologies Inc.

www.intelproplaw.com