Intellectual Property Forum The Intellectual Property Forum

News:

We have updated the software.  Let us know if there are any issues.

Main Menu

REPORT PROBLEMS HERE

Started by Forum Admin, 01-07-08 at 07:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forum Admin

Thanks for the heads up.  We removed the menu.  We will put it back after we have updated the website's content, and we will fix the overlaping issue.

We will fix the "Other" issue.

MYK

Hi George,

When banning users, the system now only works one single time for any given login session.  After that, it gives the error

Token verification failed. Please go back and try again.

for every additional attempt to ban another user.  Since spammers often create a multiple account for each new post, and even when they don't do that they often show up in bunches, this is simply unworkable.  This is a new issue with the new version of the forum software.

My recommendation is that you quarantine new users' first posts until someone approves their first post (by determining that it's not just another spammer posting 33 separate messages linking to their Russian malware website).

If the first post is determined to be relevant to IP (as opposed to outright spam, or an attempt to build a "totally not a spammer" persona by posting "Excellent content, I recommend your blog to others"), then the user can be approved for more posting, else the user can be deleted before filling up the server's entire hard drive with garbage.
"The life of a patent solicitor has always been a hard one."  Judge Giles Rich, Application of Ruschig, 379 F.2d 990.

Disclaimer: not only am I not a lawyer, I'm not your lawyer.  Therefore, this does not constitute legal advice.

www.intelproplaw.com

Terms of Use
Feel free to contact us:
Sorry, spam is killing us.

iKnight Technologies Inc.

www.intelproplaw.com