Intellectual Property Forum The Intellectual Property Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New registrations are now permitted.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Anyone used OmniPrep Patent Bar Review Course  (Read 28113 times)

sparky123

• View Profile
Anyone used OmniPrep Patent Bar Review Course
« on: 05-19-05 at 02:05 pm »

I'm just wondering, because I saw it on yahoo and they guarantee you'll pass and there only $295, which works for me because i'm a student at USC Law School (>$80K a year with living expenses).  Any info pro/con would be much appreciated.

PA-wannabe

Re: Anyone used OmniPrep Patent Bar Review Course
« Reply #1 on: 06-06-05 at 10:52 pm »

Hello,

I am very interested in this very question.

Has anyone out there used this course and if so how did they like it?

It does cost about 3-7X cheaper than the others and has money back guarantee...

Hoping to hear...
M

PatentPete

« Reply #2 on: 08-04-05 at 08:30 am »

I'm curious too ... the price of OmniPrep looks good, but the address on their website is to a mail forwarder in Las Vegas.  Has anyone seen their materials?  It seems too good to be true.

PA Assoc

« Reply #3 on: 09-07-05 at 05:47 pm »

I used PRG, but a couple of people in my firm used Omniprep and passed, so it seems pretty good.  Not sure about the address, but as long as you pass who cares!

Jessica

« Reply #4 on: 09-10-05 at 03:20 am »

Trying to spread the word about Omniprep b/c there was no reviews of the course when I was deciding whether I should sign up.

>:(
Omniprep is crap. I am using it right now and it is awful. Their summaries are lengthy and not useful. The summaries are verbatim the text from the MPEP; nothing you can use to start the process of memorization. Their user interface is poor. Once you take their end-of-chapter exam, you have no way to review the exam later unless you print your test out immediately. The time estimates they give you for how long each task will take are entirely ridiculous. When is the last time you read 100 pages of Federal Code in 4 hours and have any memory or understanding of what you read? This program lacks the summary that is required for effective memorization. It is basically the MPEP. If you are thinking of taking this course, just buy the MPEP and save yourself some money. I wish someone had told me all this before I bought the course.

Dan Johnson

« Reply #5 on: 01-16-06 at 03:07 pm »

I passed the patent bar using omniprep.  It's the best prep course for the money, if you don't want to sit through hours of boring lecture and just want to pass the exam.

Chris Marks

« Reply #6 on: 01-17-06 at 06:01 pm »

The course is great if you just want to pass.  Clear summary, all the old exams, new exam questions posted from old students, and a guarantee.  You can't beat it.  By the way, I passed the patent bar using omniprep.

sp02

« Reply #7 on: 01-17-06 at 06:21 pm »

I passed with OmniPrep, and recommend it as an alternative to the other more expensive courses.

kelly1234

« Reply #8 on: 01-17-06 at 06:28 pm »

Great course - I just passed using omniprep and I recommend it highly enough.  Anyone who didn't pass using their course is just not that intelligent, and wouldn't pass no matter what course they used.

ken123

« Reply #9 on: 01-17-06 at 08:28 pm »

I and several of my fellow Hastings Law students used Omniprep for our patent bar exam review course.  Here is the general assessment of the course by the group:

1) The MPEP Summary is very good and is really all that you need to read to answer the questions and pass the
exam.

2) The chapter questions could use better explainations, although they do force you to review the material you missed.

3) The questions and advice on their posting board is priceless, we all saw several of the new questions from the current exam listed on this board when we took the exam.

4) The guarantee is better than advertised - one of our group had to stop studying due to getting mono, and all he had to do was send them a note from his physican and they refunded his money.

So, overall it is a very good course for the money.

Tarik

« Reply #10 on: 01-18-06 at 04:18 pm »

I think I passed, at least that's what the preliminary results showed (a 74!) after finished the exam.  But I have yet to receive my official result.  Anyway, omniprep is great - they're cheap and they had about 8 of the new questions that I had on my exam in their exampost.  I highly recommend them.

DChan

« Reply #11 on: 01-19-06 at 10:25 am »

I took OmniPrep. I passed with their course. I think it's worth it if you are comfortable studying online. I think that the big guys are all the same if you don't mind spending the money. Whatever course you chose, make sure that they offer you some guarantee.

lindsey

« Reply #12 on: 01-25-06 at 04:50 pm »

OmniPrep's the only one I know of that has an online patent bar review course. At least that's all I found when I was looking. I chose it because it costs a lot less than a regular class, but I ended up really liking the flexibility. Overall, I was happy with it. If you are concerned with time and scheduling, OmniPrep is worth the money.

NewGrad

« Reply #13 on: 01-25-06 at 05:47 pm »

I just signed up for omniprep and it looks like a great course.  Thanks for the info guys, keep up the good work! :D

New IP Assoc

« Reply #14 on: 01-26-06 at 02:46 pm »

Omniprep is a great course for the money.  I used it to pass, and I would highly recommend it if you are a self motivated learner who does not want to pay a high fee for the more expensive courses like PLI.  

On the other hand, if you do need some hand holding and you have the $2,600, I would recommend taking PLI, as I've heard it does a good job of walking you through the study process from people in my firm.  The only downside is they don't offer a money back guarantee like Omniprep, but they do give you a discount if you have to take the course over again.
Pages: [1] 2 3

Footer

www.intelproplaw.com

Terms of Use
Feel free to contact us:
Sorry, spam is killing us.

iKnight Technologies Inc.

www.intelproplaw.com

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 20 queries.