I am the attorney of record ("Smith") for several U.S. TM applications, and no other attorneys are listed. However, my firm name is listed within the AoR and Correspondence sections ("Smith & Jones") as part of my address.
I would like to add Ms. Jones as someone authorized to represent the clients in these cases. Looking through TEAS, my presumption is that I:
1. Use the "Revocation of Attorney/Domestic Representative and/or Appointment of Attorney/Domestic Representative" option
2. Choose the option to "appoint a new attorney" but do not revoke the power of a previously-filed attorney
3. Type in my information in the "New Attorney Information" screen BUT add Ms. Jones' name in the "Other Appointed Attorneys"
4. Type in my information in the "Correspondence Information" screen
5. Sign w/my electronic signature
Is this correct? I know this is a very easy question, but it just seems counterintuitive to note myself as the "new" attorney while also appointing someone else, and I'm having a hard time finding definitive answers through the PTO site.
Thanks in advance for any and all help.