Intellectual Property Forum The Intellectual Property Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New registrations are now permitted.

Author Topic: Any suggestions on how to overcome a low JD GPA  (Read 2454 times)

judd

• View Profile
Any suggestions on how to overcome a low JD GPA
« on: 02-04-09 at 07:34 am »

I finished my JD from a third tier law school in the Midwest. Unfortunately due to legitimate adverse life circumstances during all the three years of law school, my JD grades suffered. I did pass my state bar and patent bar exam on my first attempt though.  Is there any way I can overcome this low JD GPA by perhaps doing LLM in Intellectual Property Law and getting good grades in the LLM courses or will I be forever  doomed by my JD grades? It has been quite difficult for me because I have always been a 3.9 GPA student until my law school. My JD GPA is below 3. I am assuming more importance will be given to the later LLM law degree grades than the earlier JD grades. Appreciate any advice and suggestions you can offer

firephoenix

• View Profile
Re: Any suggestions on how to overcome a low JD GPA
« Reply #1 on: 07-20-09 at 09:28 am »

the one thing i can think of is experience.  and good recommendations.  grades aren't everything.  a lot of students have high grades but limited common sense.  also i don't think a 3.0 is too bad because if your school scales it to a B than you are at the 50 percentile. 

Footer

www.intelproplaw.com

Terms of Use
Feel free to contact us:
Sorry, spam is killing us.

iKnight Technologies Inc.

www.intelproplaw.com

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 20 queries.