Intellectual Property Forum The Intellectual Property Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

We are looking for moderators.  Message the admin if interested.

Author Topic: Any suggestions on how to overcome a low JD GPA  (Read 2880 times)

• View Profile
Any suggestions on how to overcome a low JD GPA
« on: 02-04-09 at 07:34 am »

I finished my JD from a third tier law school in the Midwest. Unfortunately due to legitimate adverse life circumstances during all the three years of law school, my JD grades suffered. I did pass my state bar and patent bar exam on my first attempt though.  Is there any way I can overcome this low JD GPA by perhaps doing LLM in Intellectual Property Law and getting good grades in the LLM courses or will I be forever  doomed by my JD grades? It has been quite difficult for me because I have always been a 3.9 GPA student until my law school. My JD GPA is below 3. I am assuming more importance will be given to the later LLM law degree grades than the earlier JD grades. Appreciate any advice and suggestions you can offer

• View Profile
Re: Any suggestions on how to overcome a low JD GPA
« Reply #1 on: 07-20-09 at 09:28 am »

the one thing i can think of is experience.  and good recommendations.  grades aren't everything.  a lot of students have high grades but limited common sense.  also i don't think a 3.0 is too bad because if your school scales it to a B than you are at the 50 percentile. 

Terms of Use
Feel free to contact us:
Sorry, spam is killing us.

iKnight Technologies Inc.

Page created in 0.215 seconds with 20 queries.