||Kacvinsky Daisak, PLLC is currently seeking an experienced Intellectual Property paralegal. The ideal candidate should possess a deep working knowledge of US and foreign patent & trademark prosecution procedures. Additional strengths should include the ability to manage and maintain a patent and trademark docket across multiple clients and attorneys. Previous experience with FoundationIP is a plus. A candidate must be able to manage their time well, and work independently with minimal supervision.|
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Receiving, docketing, and reporting out correspondence received from the USPTO and foreign agents
- Drafting shell responses to US and foreign office actions
- Developing and maintaining knowledge of patent office rules and procedures (US and foreign)
- Developing, understanding and documenting client procedures and special instructions.
- Completing requirements of the Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) applications when needed.
- Coordinating international filings with foreign agents, and completing any necessary filing requirements.
- Preparing standard transmittal documents for filing with the USPTO, such as missing parts, assignments, issue fees, IDS documents, etc.
- Reviewing and filing new patent and trademark applications, including any necessary transmittal documents.
- Reviewing and filing prosecution related documents, such as office action responses, including any necessary transmittal documents.
- Preparing quarterly annuity packages for review by the assigned attorney and/or client.
- Maintaining an online annuity database, such as CPI Online.
- Preparing and providing reports from a docketing database as requested.
- Identifying and resolving problems in a timely and efficient manner.
- Attention to detail and deadlines is absolutely necessary.