Cytec Industries Inc. is a global specialty materials and chemicals company focused on developing, manufacturing and selling value-added products. Our products serve a diverse range of end markets including aerospace, mining and plastics. We use our technology and application development expertise to create chemical and material solutions that are formulated to perform specific and important functions in the finished products of our customers. We're dedicated to helping our customers achieve their business objectives by developing high-quality products that improve their products and manufacturing process performance.
Cytec Industries Inc. is seeking a Chief Patent Counsel to lead a complex global technology practice arising out of internally, externally and jointly developed technology.
Chief Patent Counsel will lead small department (three attorneys). Responsible for providing strategic direction, management of patent portfolio and oversight of patent related processes and agreements to meet business and legal objectives. This position will be based at our global headquarters in Woodland Park, New Jersey, reporting to our Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary.
• Manage the intellectual property function in close cooperation with Research and Business leaders
• Provide strategic and operational support to department and businesses to advance our growth and protect our market positions
• Lead, develop, and inspire a small diverse team of highly talented legal professionals
• Provide and oversee full array of patent and trade secret services to technical communities and businesses globally
• Enforce our intellectual property rights, including opposition and litigation support
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Juris Doctorate with 10+ years of professional experience
• Registration to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
• Bachelors of Science Degree in Chemistry, Material Sciences or Chemical Engineering preferred
• Excellent legal skills including experience in patent drafting and global prosecution, drafting and negotiation of IP related agreements including M&A, joint development and licensing agreements and providing patentability, freedom to operate and infringement opinions.
• Experience managing in-house and outside counsel.
BUSINESS/TECHNICAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCES REQUIRED:
• Must be a U.S. Citizen or hold a valid green card
• Travel required, both domestically and internationally (UK) approximately one-third of the time.
• Must have a demonstrated ability to prioritize and meet critical deadlines in a fast paced work environment, and display a high degree of initiative, discretion, integrity, judgment and urgency.
• Excellent business partnering skills, including listening and communication skills with technical and business community
• Prior in-house counsel experience, including management experience.
To apply, please use the link below: