The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 21st, 2019, 7:43am

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Is it Patentable?
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Significance of Patenting Recipe?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Significance of Patenting Recipe?  (Read 1622 times)
a_seann

Significance of Patenting Recipe?
« on: Oct 19th, 2006, 9:22am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Dear Readers,

I have some questions with regards to patenting recipe. Does anyone know if there have been researches made for the past years in relation to Recipe Patent? I am interested in doing a research on this topic. I would like to do some literature reviews and get a better understanding on this topic.

What is the major significant for patenting a recipe? In my opinion, though you have the recipe, you might not be able to produce the same dish due to the methods applied in preparing it. Did it happen before that two different chefs were able to prepare a dish with the same taste, texture, etc?  

Or perhaps the whole idea of patenting the recipe is mainly to garner global recognition? Is it just a matter of authenticity and originality of the dish?  

I strongly hope to get some feedbacks from various parties. Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Sean
IP Logged
CriterionD

WWW Email

Re: Significance of Patenting Recipe?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 19th, 2006, 11:07am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Check this thread:

http://www.intelproplaw.com/Forum/Forum.cgi?board=whatispatentable;actio n=display;num=1092519968
IP Logged

www.criteriondynamics.com
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »