The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 12th, 2019, 1:45pm

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Is it Patentable?
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Patent Search - ITALY, GERMANY, FRANCE
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Patent Search - ITALY, GERMANY, FRANCE  (Read 8204 times)
Patentanalyst

Patent Search - ITALY, GERMANY, FRANCE
« on: Sep 14th, 2006, 5:44am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hey all,

I am looking for patent (granted and publication) search in the following countries
1. Germany
2. Italy
3. France

Please suggest me any suitable database or databases. Actually, I am looking for a free database, however if you guys know any paid database, then also please let me know.

This is kind of urgent and your help/suggestion will be appreciated.

~patentanalyst
IP Logged
CriterionD

WWW Email

Re: Patent Search - ITALY, GERMANY, FRANCE
« Reply #1 on: Sep 14th, 2006, 12:00pm »

Delphion allows full searching capabilities for German patents.  I believe the best free resource you are going to find, and possibly the best resource for searching simply German, French, and Italian patents - may be esp@cenet.  With esp@cenet you are going to have two options -  

1.) Click on the applicable links here:

http://www.espacenet.com/access/index.en.htm

(the German site appears to be down)

2.) Search here:

http://gb.espacenet.com/search97cgi/s97_cgi.exe?Action=FormGen&Templ ate=gb/en/advanced.hts

Just make sure the patent database selected is 'Worldwide.'  For German patents, ad 'DE' to the Publication Number field, 'IT' for Italy, and 'FR' for France.

Additionally, to be more comprehensive, it might not hurt to search WIPO and EP (European) publications and then take a look at the international application info (or search by related criteria when possible i.e. assignee country, applicant country, or a site like Delphion may allow you to search by priority country).  Now Delphion makes this alot easier.  But for example, if you pull up the patent search utility @ wipo.int and type in the word golf, the first app which comes up happens to root from a French application.  European patents can be searched using espacenet, and in a more limited manner, using freepatentsonline.com.
IP Logged

www.criteriondynamics.com
Sudhir Aswal

sudhiraswal  
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Sep 20th, 2006, 4:08am »

you can also try freshpatents dot com for free patent search
IP Logged

Sudhir Kumar Aswal
Patent Attorney, India
Aswal Associates
www.aswalassociates.com
franlorin

taxonomist-in- training

WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 3rd, 2007, 8:22am »

on Sep 14th, 2006, 12:00pm, CriterionD wrote:
Delphion allows full searching capabilities for German patents.  I believe the best free resource you are going to find, and possibly the best resource for searching simply German, French, and Italian patents - may be esp@cenet.  With esp@cenet you are going to have two options -  

1.) Click on the applicable links here:

http://www.espacenet.com/access/index.en.htm

(the German site appears to be down)

2.) Search here:

http://gb.espacenet.com/search97cgi/s97_cgi.exe?Action=FormGen&Templ ate=gb/en/advanced.hts

Just make sure the patent database selected is 'Worldwide.'  For German patents, ad 'DE' to the Publication Number field, 'IT' for Italy, and 'FR' for France.

Additionally, to be more comprehensive, it might not hurt to search WIPO and EP (European) publications and then take a look at the international application info (or search by related criteria when possible i.e. assignee country, applicant country, or a site like Delphion may allow you to search by priority country).  Now Delphion makes this alot easier.  But for example, if you pull up the patent search utility @ wipo.int and type in the word golf, the first app which comes up happens to root from a French application.  European patents can be searched using espacenet, and in a more limited manner, using freepatentsonline.com.  

yes, I also think that ep.espacenet is one fast, easy and FREE way to access DE, IT and FR patent documents

just go to the "advanced search" page and, in any of the document number fields, precede your number with DE, IT or FR

also, note that, while MOST documents have ENGLISH abstracts and titles, this is NOT TRUE for ALL documents - so you may use foreign words (be aware of differences for special characters and symbols)

take care, Fran
« Last Edit: Jan 3rd, 2007, 8:25am by franlorin » IP Logged

Fran Lorin
www.siberkhem.com
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »