The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 30th, 2020, 9:45pm

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Is it Patentable?
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   newer version of old/current patent
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: newer version of old/current patent  (Read 571 times)
Bugsy
newer version of old/current patent
« on: Oct 20th, 2005, 2:24pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi,

I have a product that i invented using currently avaliable yet more advanced parts.

The parts used are known in some markets yet combined are not known in my market or other from what i can see. I have seen simular patented products using older tech, yet mine is more advanced in process and componets used.

Combined my (process)/parts are not patented yet and are not even used in my market or others like it. Does this mean i could infringe on the old versions of what seem to be simular product or a possible competitor in the market place?  

The patent i have read that seems simular seems vauge to me in that the lawyer that wrote the patent looks like he tried to be all incompasing based on what he knew yet only had at the time data. Does this mean for example the patent holder of the wheel is the only one that can patent the wheel?

Sorry if im too confusing this is all new territory to me and i am just looking for answers to better help me find a good lawyer in this area.

bugs

IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »