The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 5th, 2019, 10:06pm

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Is it Patentable?
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Need Investors for Researched Patenable Product
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Need Investors for Researched Patenable Product  (Read 991 times)
JJacobs

Need Investors for Researched Patenable Product
« on: Jun 18th, 2005, 5:49pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Inventor hired Invent Tech for research on a product targeting guitar musicians. It was deemed patenable and highly viable. It is actually just a much simpler version of a lucrative product which already exists.  

I need investors to help raise $10,000 for patent and marketing of product at trade shows. It is a product for musicians, who constitute an enormous market with abundant disposable income. Cannot detail product without signature of a confidentiality agreement. I am selling a total of 10% for $10,000, and will take investments as small as 1%. If interested in signing the statement and learning more, please email me at jacobsbeesley@yahoo.com.

Thank You,

J. Jacobs
IP Logged
JimIvey

jamesdivey  

Re: Need Investors for Researched Patenable Produc
« Reply #1 on: Jun 21st, 2005, 12:39pm »

on Jun 18th, 2005, 5:49pm, JJacobs wrote:
It was deemed patenable....

Wow!  InventTech did that?!  Can they turn water into wine?!

Sorry for the sarcasm, but it's a fine point.  Nothing is ever deemed patentable or valid by anyone, at least not with any finality.  Even when the US PTO does so, it's understood that such a declaration is subject to challenge and overrule by courts.

"Patentable" at the invention disclosure stage is a bit of a premature conclusion.  If you're willing to make your claims narrow enough, you can patent just about anything that's new.  However, for your patent portfolio to have meaningful value, the claims ultimately allowed by the PTO have to be relatively impervious to challenge as invalid and have to cover all viable and meaningful substitutes in the marketplace.  While I'm not familiar with InventTech's track record in this respect, I'd suggest that checking up on that would be required reading before placing too much faith in such a broad assertion.

Just a thought....

on Jun 18th, 2005, 5:49pm, JJacobs wrote:
It is a product for musicians, who constitute an enormous market with abundant disposable income.

"Musicians" and "disposable income"?  In the aggregate, perhaps?  From saving so much money by living in a van?  I know, vicious stereotypes.  My apologies to the musicians out there; couldn't resisit.  ;-)

In all honesty, I'm in no position to say anything about the merits of the offered investment, just that a couple of things caught my eye as warranting further investigation as part of one's "due diligence."

Regards.
IP Logged

--
James D. Ivey
Law Offices of James D. Ivey
http://www.iveylaw.com
ANONYMOUS2345
« Reply #2 on: Nov 11th, 2005, 5:14pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH INVENT-TECH.  THEY ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION BY THE FEDERAL GOVERMENT.
IP Logged
Isaac

« Reply #3 on: Nov 13th, 2005, 6:51pm »

"Deem" might mean nothing more than expressing an opinion.  I would not give any weight to a "deeming" of invention as patentable.
IP Logged

Isaac
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »