The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 7th, 2019, 1:59am

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Is it Patentable?
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   $$billion dollar improvment  hear it is
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: $$billion dollar improvment  hear it is  (Read 604 times)
Allen  nicholas
$$billion dollar improvment  hear it is
« on: Jun 2nd, 2005, 7:37pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

ive already been through the patend search for $400 dollars. Ive also talked to power plant presidents and they said they would be greatly interested in buying my product and ive done very little work to present it see its common since realy thats what i think but the problem is. That my improvment will cost millions of dollars in machinery and material. How do i get that kind of money???
IP Logged
full monty
Re: $$billion dollar improvment  hear it is
« Reply #1 on: Jun 2nd, 2005, 7:47pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

didnt quite make clear what it was friend
IP Logged
JimIvey

jamesdivey  

« Reply #2 on: Jun 2nd, 2005, 8:23pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Sounds like you need investors if you want to bring your idea to the marketplace.  That's outside intellectual property law itself.  There are all kinds of ways to meet potential investors.  You should have a business plan written up if you want to speak with investors.  There are self-help books at various book stores on writing a business plan.  I've never tried any of them so I can't recommend any.

Some people have success in getting an existing company to use a new idea in exchange for paying a royalty.   To do that, it's best if the idea fits neatly in what the company already does and makes them more money than they pay you.  

However, in your case, it sounds like you'd be bringing your own product to market.

I've written a little about that here:
http://www.isrlaw.com/inventorFAQ.html#1

Regards.
IP Logged

--
James D. Ivey
Law Offices of James D. Ivey
http://www.iveylaw.com
new2all

« Reply #3 on: Aug 14th, 2005, 1:55am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

JimIvey you wrote  

"
Some people have success in getting an existing company to use a new idea in exchange for paying a royalty.   To do that, it's best if the idea fits neatly in what the company already does and makes them more money than they pay you.  "

My question to the above is ...

I have an idea for a large existing corporation(s). It is in the realm of what this corporation does. BUT here is the thing..

1) How to approach the company. After I apply for a PPA or  before.?

2) Can I use the name of this large corporation(s) in my patent?

3) Say for instance the corporation DOES accept my idea  
  a) WITHOUT me having a patent on it.  
they pay me a monitory value for my idea, but is very marginal compared to the revenue generated by the idea. Can I then demand a higher payment.?

b) WITH me having a PPA for the patent.  
could they refuse my idea completely. By the end of my PPA (1 year) i am unable to produce a prototype, can the corporation then pick my idea, since now they wont have any legal/monitory issues with me to worry about AND why not generate revenue themselves.?

thank for all the help

« Last Edit: Aug 15th, 2005, 12:20pm by new2all » IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »