The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 18th, 2019, 2:51pm

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Is it Patentable?
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Patent for recipe (Method, not just ingridients)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Patent for recipe (Method, not just ingridients)  (Read 35371 times)
Lori Tolle
Re: Patent for recipe (Method, not just ingridient
« Reply #10 on: Jul 17th, 2006, 5:28pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi, i have a question...i have made a salsa recipe and im currious about how i would i get a patent on my recipe...i am really wanting to get the patent and then go around to companies and then try and sell my recipe...i know it would be a hit in the salsa industry because everyone who tastes it is automatically addicted...but i cant make it fast enough for demand..i would also like a price range on the cheapest route i could take in this matter
IP Logged
GuestB
« Reply #11 on: Aug 12th, 2006, 5:15pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Any more input from the experts on patenting recipes?  If all the ingredients used in a food product have been used in other products before (though not in a claimed combination), what would be required to show non-obviousness?  Would unexpected results of some sort be required or commercial success?  
Thanks for any input!
IP Logged
missmkt

« Reply #12 on: Nov 30th, 2006, 11:33am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi Everyone,

I made a lemonade drink, using standard frozen lemonade (like minute maid) and added another 'secret' ingredient    to make this amazing drink.  I have an idea to print my recipe on a bottle and sell it as a 'mixer', which of course can be mixed with alcohol or made virgin.

I have a trade name and lable design for marketing, there is no other mixer or ready made drink similar to it on the market.  Do I seek patent or simply use the copyright & trade marks?  

Additionally I have been thinking about making an NDA (nondisclosures) and require signatures to even get assistance from bottlers, etc. to help protect my idea so nobody steels or otherwise copy's my idea & beats me to the market.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
IP Logged
Isaac

« Reply #13 on: Nov 30th, 2006, 2:45pm »

on Nov 30th, 2006, 11:33am, missmkt wrote:
Additionally I have been thinking about making an NDA (nondisclosures) and require signatures to even get assistance from bottlers, etc. to help protect my idea so nobody steels or otherwise copy's my idea & beats me to the market.

Am I going to be able to tell what the secret ingredient is by tasting/analyzing the drink?  If so, an NDA probably isn't going to be all that helpful...

IP Logged

Isaac
missmkt

« Reply #14 on: Dec 1st, 2006, 7:01pm »

Ok, so how do I begin with such an idea?  I don't even know how to make a drink to be consumer ready.  The trademark name and label design is pretty easy.  It everything else that I don't even know where to begin.  Any suggestions?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »