The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 24th, 2019, 8:28am

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Obviousness
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Deal with a nonstatutory obvious type double patnt
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Deal with a nonstatutory obvious type double patnt  (Read 2541 times)
Isaac

Re: Deal with a nonstatutory obvious type double p
« Reply #5 on: Sep 19th, 2007, 7:42pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Sep 19th, 2007, 2:43pm, MattB wrote:
NOTE: By the way, the whole idea of TD for patents seems obsolete since we now date patent term to the earliest filing date.

Not so.  For one thing, DP rejections can be made between applications that don't have a common effective filing date.  For another thing the TD also requires that the patents remain commonly owned in addition to making them expire on the same date.

Quote:
I suppose for CIPs it may be damaging as TD's must be directed to the entire application and not just particular claims, but I was surprised to see it in this instance.

I don't know what you are getting at here.

When filing a TD, I normally mention that a TD accompanies the response and request that the rejection be withdrawn in light of filing the TD.  Some times I've indicated that I disagree with the rejection and am filing the TD to expedite prosecution.

« Last Edit: Sep 19th, 2007, 7:46pm by Isaac » IP Logged

Isaac
JW
Re: Deal with a nonstatutory obvious type double p
« Reply #6 on: Nov 5th, 2007, 4:16pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

There is also the possibility of adversely affecting your Patent Term Adjustment (PTA) by filing a TD.  Thus, the issue of filing a TD is not obsolete.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »