The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 23rd, 2019, 12:08am

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Obviousness
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   anticipationn and obviousness
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: anticipationn and obviousness  (Read 3581 times)
Isaac

Re: Off-topic
« Reply #10 on: Sep 7th, 2007, 3:53pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I don't see any problem at all with using a link in a signature file.   Further, I'm a lot less bothered by self-promotion from posters who contribute to discussion.  

That said, if I were going to use a link myself, I'd feel obligated to make sure my employer was happy with me doing so.  Given my propensity to mouth off on just about any topic, I'm not inclined to sort that out right now.
IP Logged

Isaac
biopico

Re: anticipationn and obviousness
« Reply #11 on: Sep 7th, 2007, 5:18pm »

Well, I would like to but my employer may or may not like to see so I just don't risk.

IP Logged

Registered Patent Agent Specializing in All Areas of Biotechnology
PE
« Reply #12 on: Sep 8th, 2007, 11:01am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Sep 6th, 2007, 8:16pm, Bill Richards wrote:

As Arte Johnson used to say:  "Verrry interesting!"
As I said in an earlier post on another thread, be careful about invention promotion companies.  That earlier post was in response to a post by "Friendly Neighbor".  The "verrry interesting" part is that they appear to be the same person.  I think being honest and straightforward is the best policy.  Apparently, not everyone feels the same way.
C'mon Friendly or PE or whoever you are, what do you think?

Thank you for your input.  I'm new to having a website and your point was very well taken.  However, what I'd like to make a point.  The site that was being referred to is strictly providing free information about patenting to the public so that they can get a better grasp of the whole patenting process.  The site does not provide any professional services, as you wrongly stated (invention promotion companies).  If inventors are able to get information from a website regarding patenting process, I think that website would be good for the patenting communty.  I think you should may be check out the site BEFORE you start criticizing the website itself.
IP Logged
pentazole

« Reply #13 on: Sep 8th, 2007, 5:05pm »

re-read what he said.  Nowhere did he say you provide professional services.
IP Logged
JimIvey

jamesdivey  

« Reply #14 on: Sep 9th, 2007, 6:22pm »

In some ways, it's even worse (IMHO) to repeatedly suggest to people reading one ad-supported site to switch over to your own ad-supported site, using the resources of the first site.  It's a bit like walking into a Burger King and trying to convince everyone waiting in line to go to McDonalds.  George has put together quite a good site and spends some of his own programming efforts to make these forums function for the greatest benefit of its readers.  To use the fruits of his effort to promote your own competing site is a bit unseemly.

You want to go somewhere else and say your site is better than this one, that's fine.  But using this site to plug your competing site is a bit different.

Like I said in another post, if you have an article/FAQ that addresses a specific question, go ahead and post a deep link.  If the posted question is about what other sites might provide general IP information, go ahead and post your main link.  But, I think that including a general link to a competing site in nearly every post to be somewhat distasteful.

Just a thought....
IP Logged

--
James D. Ivey
Law Offices of James D. Ivey
http://www.iveylaw.com
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »