The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 21st, 2019, 5:14pm

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Patent/Invention Ownership
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   inventor's protection
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: inventor's protection  (Read 2062 times)
biopico

Re: inventor's protection
« Reply #5 on: Dec 22nd, 2007, 10:11pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Dec 20th, 2007, 4:37pm, newbeez wrote:
My company is in the process of filing a patent that is based on the results of my research. The research was conducted in collaboration with university, and the work was performed by me and the collaborator from the university in the university lab. The results were transmitted via email to my supervisor at the company. Based on the experimental data which he received from me he has written lab notes in his own lab notebook and have his coworker sign them as a witness. It is our company policy that the lab notebooks cannot be taken outside of the company labs so when I left to conduct my research at university I could not take my lab notebook, and used a temporary notebook for record keeping. Now, before I have a chance to come back to the company, my supervisor is in the process of filing innovation report using the notes he has written in his lab notebook which are based on my results and which I have not seen personally, as a proof of invention.
Could you please comment on the legal aspect of this situation? The innovation report will be signed only by him. Combined with the notes in his lab notebook, it gives an appearance that he was the inventor. How can I protect my rights as an inventor in this situation? Thank you.

I have been there and have seen it.  

I would forget about it and move on with my life.  Think about risk versus benefit!

IP Logged

Registered Patent Agent Specializing in All Areas of Biotechnology
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »