The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 25th, 2017, 6:15am

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Other
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Go-Go Pictures
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Go-Go Pictures  (Read 936 times)
Laura Beth
Go-Go Pictures
« on: Oct 2nd, 2007, 2:17pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

A few nights a week I work as a go-go dancer at a local bar.  Just recently the club featured a clothing company.  Basically the company came in set up a small "shop" and the bar required it's girls to wear the clothing as a promotion.  As a go-go dancer you're not wearing many clothes and I had several pictures taken of me, and put up on their website.  I am very offended by this, and was wondering if there was anything I could do  Huh
IP Logged
MattB

mbycer   MBycer
Email

Re: Go-Go Pictures
« Reply #1 on: Oct 2nd, 2007, 4:20pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

There are many common law torts that are violated.  Hire a personal injury lawyer to sue for you.

Although this is an intellectual property (IP) thread, and not a personal injury (PI) thread, I can recommend a good attorney if necessary.
IP Logged

Matthew L. Bycer
Registered Patent Attorney
http://www.bycer.com
http://www.cvglaw.com
JSonnabend

Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 3rd, 2007, 7:28am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Matt might be right, but the situation, based on the facts you've provided, is by no means clear cut.  Before you go suing anyone for "many common law torts", you should consult with an attorney who can help you analyze the situation.  By all means, don't take as gospel any pronunciations of your rights here.  (Heck, Matt doesn't even know what jurisdiction you're in, what the pictures depict, whether or not you have an employment contract, etc., etc.).

- Jeff
IP Logged

SonnabendLaw
Intellectual Property and Technology Law
Brooklyn, USA
718-832-8810
JSonnabend@SonnabendLaw.com
Laura Beth
« Reply #3 on: Oct 4th, 2007, 2:35pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I am going hopefully on Monday to speak with someone about the situation.  I was mostly concerned on whether or not I had any assumed rights to the pictures.  I work as an independent contractor for the company, and the pictures depict me on a small stage dancing.  I was actually told by the owner of the club, who was present on this night, that no ones pictures would be posted to the internet without a model release form.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »