The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 11th, 2020, 3:42pm

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Other
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Favor req, patent lookup of old patent?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Favor req, patent lookup of old patent?  (Read 501 times)
HarrisonBergeron

Favor req, patent lookup of old patent?
« on: Aug 19th, 2006, 4:26pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I'm assuming that this is a thirty-second lookup for someone with full access;  please don't take the trouble if it's not.

I'm wondering if someone with access to Delphion or another search engine could do me the favor of looking up a patent number on a 1960's patent.  This is not for business purposes;  the inventor was a friend of my father, and he wants a copy of the patent.  (I'm also curious about the prosecution, since the inventor was rather bitter about it -- I'm thinking of looking up the file wrapper if it's available, next time I'm in D.C.)  I just need the number so I can pull it down from pat2pdf.org.

The inventor's name was Al (Alex) Brewer, patent was filed some time between 1955-1965 (most likely 1959-1963, almost certainly1961-1962), and was somehow relevant to mechanical pencils (but I don't know where it would have been classified).  He had a much later patent, 4,402,848, if that's any help, but the residence information definitely changed (several times) between the two patents.

The USPTO only goes back to 1976 for text searches, of course, and Delphion's free service doesn't seem to go back any further than 1968 (unless all the inventors with the name "Brewer" only appeared after then).  I had thought they allowed full text searches all the way back, but it's definitely not working for me.  If there are other ways to search (other than brute force through about 200,000 patents!), I'd appreciate suggestions.

Many thanks.
« Last Edit: Aug 19th, 2006, 4:35pm by HarrisonBergeron » IP Logged
CriterionD

WWW Email

Re: Favor req, patent lookup of old patent?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 8th, 2006, 12:17pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

This reply's a bit late, but I just saw this now.  I believe the # you are looking for is 3,205,862.  You can search patents pre-1970 using inventor/applicant/title @ espacenet, which is the European Patent Office's free search site.  

http://gb.espacenet.com/search97cgi/s97_cgi.exe?Action=FormGen&Templ ate=gb/en/advanced.hts
IP Logged

www.criteriondynamics.com
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »