The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 27th, 2020, 12:54am

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Other
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Re: urgent help in registration.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Re: urgent help in registration.  (Read 3134 times)
JimIvey

jamesdivey  

« on: Apr 10th, 2006, 10:48am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I'm not aware of any program by which a registered patent  practitioner in India can get expedited registration to also practice in the US.  Your best bet for getting an answer to that inquiry is through the US Patent and Trademark Office itself -- http://www.uspto.gov.

Regards.
IP Logged

--
James D. Ivey
Law Offices of James D. Ivey
http://www.iveylaw.com
xyz

« Reply #1 on: Apr 12th, 2006, 2:50am »

Thank You JimIvey
However my question is still not responding. I have just passed the Indian patent agent exam and still not registered anywhere. At this stage can I registered myself with USPTO. Another thing,  Can you suggest me any scope in IP Particular in patent in foreign country (Particularly, in U.S.) for a Indian patent agent Or can you give some suggestion how can I do work for U.S. inventors if they wish their patent in India.

Thank You  
« Last Edit: Apr 12th, 2006, 3:21am by xyz » IP Logged

xyz
JimIvey

jamesdivey  

« Reply #2 on: Apr 12th, 2006, 1:38pm »

on Apr 12th, 2006, 2:50am, xyz wrote:
At this stage can I registered myself with USPTO.

I don't know.  It's been so long since I went through the registration process that I doubt that much of the process is the same.

Another thing,  Can you suggest me any scope in IP Particular in patent in foreign country (Particularly, in U.S.) for a Indian patent agent

I'm sorry but I don't understand this question.  

Or can you give some suggestion how can I do work for U.S. inventors if they wish their patent in India.

The way most US inventors go about getting patents in any country outside the US, and in India in particular, is to first file in the US and then to ask their US patent counsel to seek patent protection in other countries within the 12-month Paris Convention time or, alternatively, through the PCT within the same 12-month period.  So, the best way to get work from US inventors is to become known to US patent practitioners whose clients are likely to want protection in India.

Regards.
IP Logged

--
James D. Ivey
Law Offices of James D. Ivey
http://www.iveylaw.com
Isaac

« Reply #3 on: Apr 12th, 2006, 2:01pm »

Thank You JimIvey
However my question is still not responding. I have just passed the Indian patent agent exam and still not registered anywhere. At this stage can I registered myself with USPTO.

For non US citizens other than Canadians who do not reside in the US, the answer is no.   See 37 CFR 11.6(c).   According to the USPTO, only the Canadian patent office currently has the reciprocity described in 11.6(c).

I don't understand your question about "scope".
IP Logged

Isaac
xyz

« Reply #4 on: Apr 13th, 2006, 3:23am »

thanks for appreciation!

I just found a web sitehttp://www.bitlaw.com/source/37cfr/11_6.html  which deals with guidelines for registration for patent agent in U.S. There is also a provision for foriegners. Can i register myself in that category as I have alseady told that I have just passed the exam for Indian patent agent and have a citizenship of INDIA am really sorry that both of you did not get my second question i.e being an Indian patent agent, How can I establish my carrer in U.S. in this field OR Being an Indian Patent agent, what is the other aspects in Ibndia for dealing foreign cases.

Thanks
« Last Edit: Apr 13th, 2006, 3:26am by xyz » IP Logged

xyz
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »