The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Aug 18th, 2019, 5:47pm

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Patent Infringement
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Invention disclosed to the public 7 years ago &quo
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Invention disclosed to the public 7 years ago &quo  (Read 2578 times)
CriterionD

WWW Email

Re: Invention disclosed to the public 7 years ago
« Reply #5 on: Dec 14th, 2007, 1:13pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Dec 14th, 2007, 8:57am, Fishing Rod wrote:
Hello everyody!!!
I've been using my fishing invention for fishing. It works very great. I used it in many lakes. I always make sure no one is around when I put it in and out of the water. Nobody has seen my invention but my wife and my dog and the fish those poor suckers.
But now one guy says I don't bother trhying to patent it because I disclosed it.
But I know nowbody saw it. I know!
I kept it hid getting out of my truck and getting my stuff into the boat. My wife didn't tell nobody and my dog can't talk. But he can sure hunt. Nothing like my invention is in stores cause I know all aobut fishing equpment.

Perhaps there was an implied confidentiality agreement between you and your wife.

Without trying to figure out the technically correct answer, I think your use, even if it was "barring" public use, is not likely to present a barrier to patentability here.  If there's no evidence something happened, perhaps it just didn't happen.

IP Logged

www.criteriondynamics.com
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »