The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Aug 24th, 2019, 10:45pm

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Patent Infringement
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Patent Pending Infringement
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Patent Pending Infringement  (Read 3148 times)
patent_type

Re: Patent Pending Infringement
« Reply #25 on: Sep 29th, 2007, 10:52am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Not I.  I have done/will do everything practicable to avoid filing an AESD or an ESD.  These documents are fraught with potentially horribly damaging/limiting pitfalls for prosecution and litigation because of the required disclosures, opinions, and representations, or failure to make particular disclosures, opinions, and representations, and everybody I have talked with about these are recommending to avoid them at all costs.

But I ain't givin' none legal opinion about these suckers, 'cause I don't know squat.
IP Logged
Isaac

Re: Patent Pending Infringement
« Reply #26 on: Sep 29th, 2007, 3:45pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

A former PTO official who now does presentations on the new rules says that 50% of AESD were rejected.

If you rely on an ESD to file more that 25 claims or 5 independent claims, be aware that if your ESD is deemed to be inadvertantly non-compliant, you'll get a chance to fix it, but you'll lose essentially all of the patent term adjustment based on the long PTO backlog period.   That's a significant hit in some technical arts.    

On the other hand a refused SRR (suggested restriction requirement) doesn't have the same consequence.
IP Logged

Isaac
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »