The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Feb 24th, 2020, 6:38pm

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Patent Filing and Prosecution
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Any interest in contingent prosecution fees?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Any interest in contingent prosecution fees?  (Read 290 times)
Bob's Uncle
Any interest in contingent prosecution fees?
« on: Oct 16th, 2007, 5:17am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hello,

I've written and prosecuted a patent application pro se. The PTO has issued a 2nd, final, OA that rejects all claims as obvious.  

At this point, I feel I have exhausted my ability, as an amateur, to make any further progress with the PTO. However, a start-up has recently appeared whose business is based precisely on the invention in my application:

www dot spotscout dot com

I now need to weigh the likelyhood of attaining a patent against the costs of further prosecution. Not having any experience prosecuting applications, I have no idea what my prospects are. So I'm interested in discovering if there are any attorneys who are willing to prosecute this application on a contingent fee basis.

I see the contingency fee structure as a vote of confidence from someone who is much better informed than myself.

I would entertain an arrangement that pays a higher than normal flat-fee upon the issuance of the patent. I would also entertain a structure that assigns a fractional ownership of the patent to the attorney.

All thoughts welcomed.

thanks,

Bob's Uncle
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »