The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Feb 1st, 2023, 12:09am

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Patent Filing and Prosecution
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   I filed a CIP but meant to file a continuation
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: I filed a CIP but meant to file a continuation  (Read 656 times)
PaigeAgent
I filed a CIP but meant to file a continuation
« on: Apr 2nd, 2007, 2:56pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I filed a CIP but meant to file a continuation.  How do I fix this?  Thank you. Embarassed
IP Logged
Isaac

Re: I filed a CIP but meant to file a continuation
« Reply #1 on: Apr 2nd, 2007, 3:09pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Apr 2nd, 2007, 2:56pm, PaigeAgent wrote:
I filed a CIP but meant to file a continuation.  How do I fix this?  Thank you. Embarassed

Are you saying that you improperly designated the application as a CIP or that you accidentally added subject matter to the application that does not get the priority date?

In either case, it is not clear that your mistake has any negative consequences.

In the former case, your mistake would seem to be of no consequence whatsoever.   If all of your claims are eligible for the priority of the parent application, then with respect to those claims, your application is not distinguishable in any way from a continuation.

In the latter case, you should still be able to pursue subject matter supported by the parent application if that's what you want to do, but you can also pursue claims drawn to the added subject matter.

Perhaps I'm missing something...
IP Logged

Isaac
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »