The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jan 28th, 2023, 12:33am

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Patent Filing and Prosecution
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   grace period for CIP disclosure
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: grace period for CIP disclosure  (Read 639 times)
crackeur

grace period for CIP disclosure
« on: Mar 19th, 2007, 2:52pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I understand that for a new patent app, there is a one year of grace period after publicly disclosing the patent..

I have a case which concerns new disclosure in a CIP. The additional disclosure contains subject matter that can be intepreted as merely clarifying what is in the old disclosure.. but to eliminate any potential uncertainty, would it make sense for me to make publicly available  the new (additional) disclosure for a CIP?  

If I write down the disclosure and gets it notarized, would that help?
IP Logged
Bill Richards

WWW Email

Re: grace period for CIP disclosure
« Reply #1 on: Mar 19th, 2007, 6:26pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Mar 19th, 2007, 2:52pm, crackeur wrote:
I understand that for a new patent app, there is a one year of grace period after publicly disclosing the patent..

After disclosing the "invention", yes.  It depends upon what the invention is and what is disclosed.

Quote:
I have a case which concerns new disclosure in a CIP. The additional disclosure contains subject matter that can be intepreted as merely clarifying what is in the old disclosure.. but to eliminate any potential uncertainty, would it make sense for me to make publicly available  the new (additional) disclosure for a CIP?

If I understand what you're saying, it doesn't work that way.  There's no need to disclose the contents of the CIP at all, except they'll be disclosed in due time by the PTO.

Quote:
If I write down the disclosure and gets it notarized, would that help?

Again, if I understand what you're saying, you're concerned about the date of invention, not statutory bar dates.
IP Logged

William B. Richards, P.E.
The Richards Law Firm
Patents, Trademarks, and Copyrights
614/939-1488
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »