The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Feb 2nd, 2023, 9:16am

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Patent Filing and Prosecution
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Replacement WHAT?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Replacement WHAT?  (Read 533 times)
Ron Alder
Replacement WHAT?
« on: Aug 30th, 2006, 4:50pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hello,
   I have a question.   I think it is one of degree.  How do you know when to submit a replacement specification?   I have a few amendments in almost every paragraph of a specification, should I just submit a replacement and clean copy?   Or do you guys wait until the Examiner says something?

regards,
RA
IP Logged
Jonathan

Re: Replacement WHAT?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 30th, 2006, 6:17pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

1.125(a) says:  

If the number or nature of the amendments or the legibility of the application papers renders it difficult to consider the application, or to arrange the papers for printing or copying, the Office may require the entire specification, including the claims, or any part thereof, be rewritten.

If your specification is long (more than 15-20 pages), I think you probably will be required to submit a substitute spec given that every paragraph or so is being amended.

By submitting a substitute specification, you will perhaps be expediting the prosecution of the application as you will have deflected any potential requirement to submit one.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »