The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 30th, 2020, 10:57am

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Patent Agent/Lawyer Careers
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Japan Patent Office
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Japan Patent Office  (Read 1724 times)
miho
Japan Patent Office
« on: Nov 26th, 2007, 9:06pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi:

I want to eventually work in Japan and I think the best way is to learn Japan's patent laws since I have experience with U.S. patent law and procedures. I was wondering where I can find out information on Japanese patent law and how I can learn the law. Does anyone know someone born in the U.S. that eventually went to Japan to work as an agent or lawyer? Thanks.
IP Logged
rainman
Re: Japan Patent Office
« Reply #1 on: Nov 30th, 2007, 8:08pm »

First things first, do you speak Japanese?
Can you speak and read Japanese fluently?
Do you fluently speak, read, write, and understand technical Japanese?

If not, your career there will be limited by your lack of linguistic skills.

If you are at least able to read Japanese fluently, the JPO website should have most of the information you want.

There are many international patent firms on the web.  Several in California, to interface between Silly Valley and Japanese tech firms.  Sorry, I don't know any individuals working at them.

BTW, a Japanese "benrishi" is, roughly, their equivalent of a U.S. "agent".  Benrishi are allowed to do much more, though.
IP Logged
SPN7
« Reply #2 on: Dec 1st, 2007, 4:51pm »

Hi!
I'm a native Japanese and Japanede patent attorney (Benrishi) as well as US patent agent.  I came to the US about 3.5 years ago and have been working in US firm in the west coast.  I happened to find your post.  But I don't see this web site often. Is there any way that I can contact you directly?  I'd like to help you.
IP Logged
Kaitlin

« Reply #3 on: Dec 1st, 2007, 8:20pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

There is a way to send private messages to forum members -- I believe clicking on the name of the person posting brings up their profile with an option to send the person a private message.  You could share email addresses privately this way.  But one (or both?) of you needs to join for this to be an option.
« Last Edit: Dec 1st, 2007, 8:21pm by Kaitlin » IP Logged
Miho
« Reply #4 on: Dec 5th, 2007, 2:49pm »

SPN7: Thanks for the offer to help me with my endeavors in searching for employment in the patent field in Japan.  My information is below, please contact me when you have time.  Thank you once again for your offer to help, I look forward to speaking with you.

e-mail: PatentxJP at hotmail  

Please leave me an email where I can reach you.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »