The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Aug 8th, 2020, 4:40pm

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Patent Agent/Lawyer Careers
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   DC Bar Admission is an advantage?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: DC Bar Admission is an advantage?  (Read 841 times)
scappellee

DC Bar Admission is an advantage?
« on: Oct 24th, 2007, 4:06am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have the option, in the remaining couple months, to apply to be admitted to the DC Bar without examination. Will this enhance my search for a patent attorney position in biotech/medical devices? I can relocate to DC. Will it help even if I stay in my Midwest home state?
IP Logged
TataBoxInhibitor

Re: DC Bar Admission is an advantage?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 24th, 2007, 5:51am »

If you are willing to go there, it would be worth the $700.00.  It has been a little while, but I think you only have 5 years to waive into DC from the time you take and pass the CA bar.

If you are a CA member, you can also go into MN if your MBE was high enough, within the first 7 years.  I think the score is/was 145 raw.  Actually, I am not sure of the MN timeline.

Regards,

IP Logged
Isaac

« Reply #2 on: Oct 24th, 2007, 8:00am »

on Oct 24th, 2007, 4:06am, scappellee wrote:
I have the option, in the remaining couple months, to apply to be admitted to the DC Bar without examination. Will this enhance my search for a patent attorney position in biotech/medical devices? I can relocate to DC. Will it help even if I stay in my Midwest home state?

Waiving into DC won't be help out in the midwest.   However, if you are seriously contemplating relocating, having the process started and on the way to completion is likely to be something good to say in an interview for a DC job.   My understanding is that it is taking 6 months or more to waive in now that DC is requiring attorneys doing temp work to apply and waive in.

Of course DC may not be the biotech hub of the universe.
IP Logged

Isaac
scappellee

« Reply #3 on: Oct 25th, 2007, 4:24am »

Thanks!
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »