The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 8th, 2019, 2:58am

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Patent Agent/Lawyer Careers
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   job prospects
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: job prospects  (Read 964 times)
Robbie Reutzel
job prospects
« on: Oct 17th, 2007, 3:49pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I have a quick question and would really appreciate an honest answer.  I live and work in Boston and am racing to finish law school applications to get them all in before thanksgiving.  Ihave a PhD in Biochemistry good publication record, several fellowships etc.  I'm applying early notification to BC law Nov 1 and early notification to Northeastern Nov 15.  I'm also applying to Harvard (I really have no chance but what the hell), BU, Suffolk and New England College of Law.

I think I have a good shot at BC and BU but if I don't get in and end up going to Northeastern does anyone know if I will be royally screwed when trying to find a job?  i want to work in the Northeast so portability is not that much of a problem.  I know BC grads have good career prospects.

If I don't go to a "top" school am I screwed?
IP Logged
Robbie Reutzel
Re: job prospects
« Reply #1 on: Oct 18th, 2007, 9:51am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I have another general question.  What would you guys say is the cutoff between Tier 1 and tier 2?  as far as ranking numbers is it Top-14 is Tier 1 and then up to 100 is Tier 2 or what?

Thanks again.
IP Logged
Isaac

Re: job prospects
« Reply #2 on: Oct 18th, 2007, 10:37am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Oct 18th, 2007, 9:51am, Robbie Reutzel wrote:
I have another general question.  What would you guys say is the cutoff between Tier 1 and tier 2?  as far as ranking numbers is it Top-14 is Tier 1 and then up to 100 is Tier 2 or what?

Thanks again.

Tier 1 includes the first 100 schools.   Until recently, the top 100 was divided into Tier 1 and Tier 2 at #50, but most recently USNWR stopped listing Tier 2 schools.  

Most people mean still refer to top 50 and second 50 as tier 1 and tier 2 respectively.
IP Logged

Isaac
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »